If you know me in real life, you know I love to shop online. You also know I’m in a bit of a transitional career phase. I left a marketing agency job in the spring and now I’m working as a full-time freelancer social media manager and writer from home. So far I’m loving it and now that my girls are back in school I am networking with a goal of getting more projects.
I did a little closet inventory this summer and something was missing – a classic blazer.
In addition to being a fan of online shopping (hello browsing in my PJs while sipping wine), I also love sales! Splender is a cash back shopping experience that is free and features several of my favorites shops (800+ are listed so there is literally something for everyone), such as Banana Republic, Macy’s, and J Crew. Each site varies in the amount of cash back rewards.
- Cash back on your online purchases (get up to 40% cash back)
- Stack cash back, coupons, & offers to increase your savings (Example: 15% off sale + extra 30% off coupon + 5% cash back = big savings)
- Great deals and cash back all in one place: no more jumping from site to site to find a great price, coupons, free shipping offers, or cash back.
- Simple and easy-to-use: quickly find stores without being bombarded with irrelevant ads and links
- Free to join and use for all your online shopping, whether you are getting back-to-school clothes or updating your career wardrobe, like me!
Once I set my sights on a black blazer, I logged into Splender and checked out several sites. Summer clearance sales are booming right now and it was tough to narrow down my choices. I finally opted for a black blazer with a little edge that I found at JC Penney. Not only was it on sale, but I received 4% cash back on my purchase. Boom!
Once the blazer arrived, I knew I had made the right decision. It’s a fantastic seasonless fabric, a classic cut, and features fun edgy zippers on the cuffs. Even my girls loved it when I tried it on with a tshirt and a pair of skinny jeans and trust me, at 10 and 13 they do not hold back their criticism when it comes to mom’s clothes! The possibilities are pretty endless with a classic blazer. I can dress it up for client meetings (which I hope to have many of this fall) or dress it down with jeans and sandals and a white t-shirt.
Graphically Speaking – Pair a classic blazer with a graphic tee, which is really hot right now, a statement necklace, jeans, and heels and you’ve got a fun combination for the weekend. I may or may not have stolen this graphic tee from my teenager’s closet.
Striped It Up – Stripes are hot this season and topped with a classic black blazer and a monogram necklace makes for a classic trio. I also have a striped t-shirt dress for a little bit dressier option.
Bold Top – I love to combine black with bright colors! This fuschia shell has been a standby of mine for years. I love it because I can wear it with my new black blazer and black dress pants or pencil skirt or jeans for a less dressy look.
Four more ideas for styling a black blazer:
- With a solid maxi dress to transition into fall
- With jeans, a white-tee, and riding boots for an equestrian look.
- With a leopard print top and black jeans and heels for a night out
- With a polka dot crewneck sweater or tee and jeans and flats for lunch with a friend
I was a big fan of blazers in the 90s, and I’d slowly grown away from them. I think the overwhelming shoulder pads of the 80s turned me off but now blazers have my attention once more! I love my new trendier blazer and I can’t wait to use Splender to add to my work wardrobe this fall, and earn cash back while I do so!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
I’m linking up to Fashion Friday today, which is hosted by some fabulous blogs such as Jo-Lynne Shane.