Disclosure: I wrote this post in partnership with Kidde, all words and opinions are my own and you can leave a comment at the end to enter the giveaway for a fire extinguisher for your home.
This giveaway is closed! Congrats to Kristin Goodson!
The holidays conjure up lots of special childhood memories, many of which were cooked up in my mom’s kitchen of our old Southern farmhouse. She is, and has always been, an amazing cook and would make special desserts that I now associate with the holidays. I have fond memories of her making divinity, and her chocolate sheet cake from The Nashville Cookbook is a family favorite throughout the year, not to mention the amazing pies she makes. Any occasion for family to gather is an occasion for my sweet mom to bake! And she recently brought back her delicious rum cake at Thanksgiving!
My mom’s well-loved copy of The Nashville Cookbook, Specialties of Cumberland Region, which she has used and made notes in since 1976.
Many of us will be spending more time in the kitchen over the holidays and it’s easy to lose track of safety while we are busy and distracted.
Did you know that the number one cause of home fires and injuries, and that the winter months are the deadliest season for home fires? Most fatal home fires happen in homes with no smoke alarm or no working alarm. And, a recent Kidde survey revealed some pretty eye-opening statistics:
- Cooking is the number one cause of home fires and injuries.
- The winter months are the deadliest season for home fires.
- Most fatal home fires happen in homes with no smoke alarm or no working alarm.
- Nearly five times as many Americans know the shelf life of a Twinkie than know the recommended operating life of a smoke alarm. (source: recent Kidde survey)
See the graphic below for some helpful #RecipeforSafety tips that you can educate yourself on this holiday season.
I’m so excited to team up with Kidde this holiday season to give one of their kitchen fire extinguishers to one lucky reader of my blog!
To enter, just leave a comment below letting me know what your favorite holiday recipe is.
For up to seven additional entries (and please leave a separate comment for each of these you do):
- Follow Kidde on Twitter
- Follow Kidde on Instagram
- Visit Kidde on Facebook
- Tweet the following – I entered to win a home fire extinguisher from @KiddeSafety on @BlondeMomBlog #giveaway
- Follow BlondeMomBlog on Twitter
- Follow BlondeMomBlog on Instagram
- Visit BlondeMomBlog on Facebook
I’ll select one winner from all eligible comments using Random.org; giveaway closes at midnight CST Tuesday, December 23. The giveaway is open only to U.S. residents, ages 18+.