I’ve never shopped at Forever 21. Perhaps I’ve been intimidated by the name or the crop tops and pleather. Nevertheless I got a Forever 21 gift card for my 21st plus 24th birthday last month and was really pleased with this gorgeous dress I purchased, not to mention pleasantly surprised by the accessories and clothes that even a 40-something mom could pull off.
Mind you I’m about 20 pounds heavier then I was when I was 21 but Forever 21 shouldn’t be overlooked, especially when it comes to fun accessories you don’t necessarily want to invest a lot of cash in (like jewelry for less than $4 ya’ll!)
I ordered this pretty surplice long-sleeve dress in a medium and was a tad apprehensive as the online reviews were mixed. I’m 5 ft. 2 and I think it falls just the perfect length, plus it’s a great dress for transitioning from summer to fall here in Nashville where temps can be anywhere in the 50s to hovering near 80 around the end of October. The material feels feminine and flowy and it’s dressy enough for work and looks great with silver or gold jewelry. I even machine washed it and hung it up to dry. Easy peasy. Love, love it! I couldn’t wait to wear it to work. Even better is the price – $22.
Check out my 10 picks for classic looks this fall from Forever 21:
- Surplice Woven Dress – $22
- Classic Woven Blazer in Blush – $32
- Draped Boyfriend Blazer in Dark Grey – $32
- Cowl Neck Sweater in Olive and Black – $22
- Curb Chain Bib Necklace in Gold (which I think would look fantastic with the teal dress I ordered) – $7
- Faux Suede Zippered Bootie – $29
- Oval Faux Gem Studs in Peach and Gold – $3.80
- Zippered Faux Leather Tote in Camel – $24.80
- Layered Geo Pendant Necklace – $3.80
- Sheer Leopard Scarf – $9.80
What’s your favorite find? Do you ever shop at Forever 21?
I’m linking up to Fashion Friday today, which is hosted by some fabulous blogs such as Mommies With Style AND Friday Favorites, a new link-up hosted by One Stylish Mom and a little joy!