I don’t know about you, but I plan on overindulging a little bit this holiday weekend. I never feel like I’m hydrated enough in the summer and I’m not a big fan of plain H2O so I was excited to try this simple detox water recipe I found on Pinterest.
I drank this starting a couple of weeks prior to my niece’s wedding and also ramped up my walking. I lost a few pounds and felt healthier. I also cut out soft drinks.
Why lemon, mint and cucumber? Check out the benefits of each ingredient:
• Lemon: Lemon water makes for a powerful detox drink; lemon juice helps to cleanse and alkalize the body. Add one thinly sliced lemon to a large pitcher, or squeeze fresh lemon juice into your glass. Lemon also aides in digestion and boosts your immune system.
• Mint: Mint adds a touch of sweetness without the sugar, and it also helps settle your stomach and aids in digestion.
• Cucumber: Adding a few slices of cucumber to your water makes for excellent rehydration, and cucumber contains anti-inflammatory properties.
If you’re looking for a refreshing way to refuel this summer, check this recipe out!
Lemon, Cucumber, Mint Spa Water
• 12 cups of filtered water (3 quarts)
• 1 medium cucumber
• 2-3 small lemons
• 10-12 fresh mint leaves (lucky for me we have wild mint growing in our back yard
Wash lemons and cucumbers; slice thinly. Add lemons, cucumber, and mint to pitcher. Cover with water and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.