My girls at Disney World, 2012. Like Katie from Mousehunters Travel recommends, we went during the off season, purchased the dining plan, and stayed on property.
This giveaway is closed Adrienne Gordon is the winner. Congrats Adrienne!
Happy Travel Tuesday ya’ll! My girls are on fall break so I’m taking a few days off from blogging. If you’re planning a family vacation to the most magical place on earth, you’ll want to check out today’s guest post from Katie from Mouse Hunters Travel and scroll down to enter to win a travel guide for planning your Disney experience, plus a $25 Disney gift card.
Have you thought about taking your family to a Disney park but it seems too overwhelming? You are not alone! Walt Disney World in Florida is 40 square miles with 24 hotels,4 theme parks, 2 water parks, a shopping and restaurant district called Downtown Disney, sports complex, 2 golf courses, 2 mini golf courses… This list goes on! As a Magical Vacation Planner, Disney is not only my business, its my passion!
Here are my top 5 tips for planning a Disney vacation!
5. Always add 1 more day than you think you need. It’s all about the details at Disney Parks. If you’re rushing from ride to ride then your missing out on some great opportunities to make memories. On my daughter’s 1st trip, we took an afternoon off from the parks to visit the Boardwalk Resort. This is one of my favorite pictures from that trip. She had the place to herself! Will she remember it? No, but we do. The pictures & memories I have from this vacation are priceless.
4. Consider going in off season. Is much slower than summer months or school breaks. Plus it can be much cheaper. As always, check with your school attendance policy before pulling your child out for an extended period of time.
3. Stay on property! Not only are you closer to the magic, but you will not have to pay for parking at the parks and there are some pretty amazing perks!
- You can use Disney’s Magical Express from Orlando International Airport to your resort. Disney will pick your luggage up for you & deliver it to your hotel room! Your vacation starts before you even step foot in a hotel!
- Each day one park opens an hour early or two hours late for resort guests only.
- When purchasing souvenirs in the parks or Downtown Disney, you can have them sent back to your resort so that you don’t have to carry them with you all day!
- You are eligible to use one of three Disney Dining plans.
2. Speaking of Disney Dining Plans; my family does not vacation at Disney World without one. These dining options can save you money, time, and make your vacation feel all inclusive. With 3 different plans to choose from, you can find one that will fit your family’s needs!
1. Consider using a travel agent. I don’t just say that because I am one! Can you make reservations to Disney, show up, and have a great time? Absolutely! We did on our Honeymoon in 2006, but we also made a lot of “First Timer” classic mistakes! It was a fun vacation, but it could have been AMAZING if we had known what we were getting into! As a Disney College of Knowledge graduate, Magical Vacation Planners are certified in multiple Disney Destinations including Disney World in Florida, DisneyLand in California, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani in Hawaii, and Adventures by Disney tours around the World!! We can help with any confusion and assist with all the little details! The best part? My services are FREE to you!!
If you’re interested in planning a vacation to a Disney Destination, you can contact me at (615)335-7551 or Katie@MouseHuntersTravel.com. Get all my tips and find out about specials on my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/MouseHunterKatie
Katie with Mouse Hunters Travel has donated a great Disney planning package giveaway. To enter to win a Birnbaum Disney travel guide and a $25 Disney gift card (good at Disney parks shops), simply leave a comment letting me know your favorite Disney character. For up to three additional entries (please leave a new and separate comment on this post for each of these you do):
I’ll select a winner from all eligible comments using Random.org; giveaway closes at midnight CST Friday, October 18. The giveaway is open only to U.S. residents, ages 18+.