Channeling Their Inner Pool Sharks

Billiards 101 with the girls…they take this game very seriously.

My girls never cease to amaze me at the new things they like to conquer. They’re much more adventurous than I ever was as a kid.

They are also definitely tomboyish. They’re more into soccer and mud than shopping and manicures, although I have been known to have to practically drag a certain 4th grader out of Justice. That place is like retail crack for tween girls. It must be ALL THE GLITTER.

Any way, while we were out of town Easter weekend we discovered the girls’ hidden talent for pool.

The Chattanoogan, the lovely hotel we stayed at in downtown Chattanooga, had two pool tables in a game room adjacent to the martini bar. As non-kid friendly as that may sound, every evening we found several families like us gravitating toward the game room in search of alcohol, I mean recreational activities. Ahem. In addition to the pool tables, there was also an indoor shuffleboard table. I’d never played indoor shuffleboard and it was a blast.

The first time we headed to the game room the pool tables were spoken for and although we had fun playing shuffleboard Miss A, especially, kept gazing longingly at the pool table.

Finally a table was free! The girls took to the pool table like fish to water! Miss A had never played pool before and Miss C had only played once at a friend’s house. They both did great. Miss C even banked a shot.

Any way, there is nothing quite as sexy as watching your husband teach your daughters to play pool. Except for maybe Don Draper taking off his shirt to fix a leaky sink with his bare hands.

p.s. Any fellow Mad Men fans out there? What are you thinking about this season? So far I’m loving it!

Disclosure: Amazon affiliate link used.

1. Cat York says:

Love those girlies. πŸ™‚ Cutest sharks I’ve ever seen. New Mad Men is crazy! Jaw-dropping stuff. But our DVR kerplunked tonight. What’s up with that? Have to wait for the late showing.

2. Jamie says:

Awww thanks Cat! πŸ™‚

This season is really crazy…last week’s episode with the sweaty nightmare was a heart stopper!

3. Jessica says:

Re: Mad Men, we love it. The fight between Lane and Pete was priceless! I miss the “cute” early 60s somewhat, but the character development over time is amazing. Don’s smile when he saw the baby was genuine like we’ve never seen from him… fascinating.

4. Paige says:

Mad Men this season is wonderful! (Or not, maybe it was just gone so long that anything they release would be great!) I’m really liking Don the happy newlywed, who actually seems to like his life- but there is no way it will last. Meghan is a bug headed straight for the windshield and she doesn’t even know it. What I am most enjoying this season is the development in story lines for Betty and Joan. Can’t wait to see where they go with them!
    Cute future pool shark pics, btw! πŸ™‚

5. Jamie says:

I think pool is a great game for kids and family. First off — it’s completely plug-free. Woo. Any non-electronic form of entertainment (adult or family-focused) is high on my list. And sounds like my daughter. She’s definitely the tom boy. But I’m not pushing her into girly things. I know that will come soon enough. This is a precious time. They are old enough to have fun with and they still think you are pretty cool.

6. Heather says:

Sounds like a good compromise – pool for the kids, drinks for the adults!

Yes, loved the scene where Don fixes the sink. But mostly because it make Pete look like even more of a weasel.

7. Caitlin Nicole says:

Sounds like it was a blast! I used to be a big fan of pool but nowadays I haven’t had access to a pool table. I like to think I wasn’t that bad, either, haha. It’s a great family game, though. As far as shuffleboard, I don’t think I’ve ever played it indoors OR outdoors, LOL.

8. Pool tables for sale says:

Pool is a great game for kids and family. First offβ€”it’s completely plug-free. And any non-electronic form of entertainment is high on peoples list. Pool table is a good game for girls also because girls and boys both are like to play this game.