Girl Gone Wild

I’ve mentioned before we don’t watch much TV and lately we’ve been gravitating toward public TV and nature or historical type shows with the girls now that two of our favorite summer shows, Expedition Impossible and America’s Got Talent, are over. Of course they get their weekly quota of Nick Jr. We’re not total TV teetotallers, not to mention we do popcorn and movie night every Friday.

Hubby was channel flipping a few weeks ago and he discovered Man, Woman, Wild on Discovery Channel. If you’re not familiar with it, think Survivor featuring a couple. She’s a former TV news anchor and he’s former special ops military and an expert in survival tactics. They get dropped off in the middle of nowhere and must find civilization. It’s pretty interesting considering I’d last 2 seconds if I got dropped off in the middle of the Amazon rainforest without WiFi or my memory foam pillow or a nearby Target.

Any way, the girls find it really interesting, too, so hubby taped a few episodes. Last week at Miss C’s soccer practice we parental types were talking about favorite TV shows (I am missing my Mad Men dammit!)

Miss A walks up to one of the dads and out of the blue announces, “You know what TV show I like? WILD. MAN. WOMAN,” with emphasis on each word like she’s announcing bingo letters at the old folks’ home.

And then I quickly interjected with, “Oh it’s NOT what you think. It’s on the Discovery Channel and…”

The dad laughed and looked over at me and said, “Sure…yeah. Sure.

Between this and the pole dancing at the pool episode this summer I’ve got to keep a close eye on this kid.

1. Caitlin {Pacifier In My Pocket} says:

Oh, I love it. I know exactly what show you are talking about. My husband is obsessed with any reality show about survival. I think it is the Eagle Scout in him. I am with you though, all those shows do is teach me that I wouldn’t survive in the wild.

2. Jamie says:

Caitlin, I know…I wouldn’t last. I “like” the idea of camping and think it’s novel but then really I’m more of a “let’s stay in a cabin with actual running water and AC and windows” kind of girl.

3. Quiesha says:

I found this as an informational message and interesting, so I think that is very helpful and knowledgeable for me. I would like to thank you for the efforts they have made to write this good article. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.

4. Nodecouscut says:

In most men and women minds, it can be generally believed that there are somehow superior feeling about the bifocal sunglasses when they are compared for the other common eyeglasses. To some extent, these better impressions about the are due for the application of your bifocal lenses. In this way! the wearers are in a position to see the close to and far distance no matter for the people who are suffering from the presbyopia or myopia, Believe it or not! it truly is [url=http://www.buysunglassesnow.com/]Oakley discount glasses[/url] fairly convenient for the wearers! For that reason. it can be strongly recommended to add the bifocal sunglasses to the list of your must haves,
    For a person who suffers from the presbyopia as well as the myopia simultaneously! there is no longer any really need to use two several pairs of your eyeglasses. Have you ever noticed that there are many differences among the indoor environment plus the outside environment? Surely, The most apparent differences include the light conditions, the UV radiations [url=http://www.buysunglassesnow.com/oakley-new-flak-jacket-sunglasses-brown-p-16.html]Oakley New Flak Jacket Sunglasses Brown for Sale[/url] and so on. From this aspect, the bifocal sunglasses are the most perfect matched useful tools to satisfy all these changing needs. Especially during these outside activities which usually require the clear vision! bifocal sunglasses are the indispensable helpers to enjoy the outside activities?pleasures!
    We all know that when we are outside, there can be lots of necessaries to protect our eyes from the UV radiation, Besides. vision correction id the basic usage of any pair glasses if the wearer is suffering any vision problem, [url=http://www.buysunglassesnow.com/oakley-active-sunglasses-c-2.html]Oakley Active Sunglasses[/url] Under this condition. both the vision correction and the UV protection have to have our superb attention, In this case. why not take a pair of bifocal sunglasses?
    Firmoo, as the leading bifocal sunglasses vendor over the internet, has grown into one of many most welcomed bifocal sunglasses providers. With the large collection with the high qualities bifocal sunglasses! Firmoo is willing to offer a wide range of as well as the best service for all the consumers. You bet, Firmoo deserves your try. shirly 2012-04-27 buysunglassesnow.

5. GXOSYPVYTNDOBHQW says:

Hey, you used to write fantastic, but the last several posts have been kinda boring?I miss your super writings. Past several posts are just a little bit out of track! come on!

6. FLPLTUEPMPYPVA says:

There are actually lots of particulars like that to take into consideration. That could be a nice point to deliver up. I provide the ideas above as common inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you deliver up the place an important factor might be working in sincere good faith. I don?t know if greatest practices have emerged round things like that, however I’m positive that your job is clearly identified as a good game. Each boys and girls feel the impression of just a secondpleasure, for the remainder of their lives.