As someone who had never gotten her glue gun on in her life, I was a bit intimidated to be tossed in the Martha Stewart ring with the lovely creative ladies at the GE Momsperience event earlier this week as we made our Derby hats. I was pretty darn proud of my purple masterpiece, though, despite the fact that if I turned my head the wrong way (or right way?) I looked like a pimp.
Calie from Broccoli Cupcake (my driving cohort from Nashville) and me stylin’ and profilin’ in the funky falling letter wall art display at 21C Hotel.
I also was thrilled to meet the very awesome reader who won my giveaway for this GE trip, Caitlin from Pacifier in my Pocket. A big thanks to her for taking great photos and setting up a Flickr group for the event!
I thought I’d share some recent posts from just a few of these great blogs:
- High Heels and a Hammer has a great post about party planning and working around a theme – I love the centerpiece she created for her dad’s party.
- Love Feast Table is a great blog written by two friends. This recipe for fish tacos and pineapple mango salsa looks fantastic!
- Jamie from Mommy’s Camera has a great tutorial on her awesome homemade camera purse that she had at the event. If you’ve ever drooled over the beautiful camera bags out there, such as Epiphanie, this is a great DIY version.
- This Lemony Seafood Pasta Salad from Bon Appetit Hon sounds perfect for an early summer dish.
- House of Hepworths is a great DIY blog. I love these sponge water bombs, perfect for summer backyard fun with the kids.
- Therapy 4 Roses is a fellow Southern mama from Atlanta. Love this idea for homemade coasters. I think these would be great in a basket with a bottle of wine and some wine glasses. And some wine. Wait, did I mention wine?
- Shell Things is a mom blogger like me (yea fist pump for the dinosaurs of the blogosphere) and I love this post where she admits she can’t do it all. I’ve been running myself ragged lately between my real day job as an editor, this here blogging thing, school activities, and just trying to figure out what the heck to do for dinner. You mean you people expect to eat dinner…EVERY NIGHT?
- I love this shell art made by Beth from Free Stylin’. Beth loves to make her home look beautiful on a budget.
- Traci from Beneath My Heart slipcovered a $12.50 leather office chair from Goodwill. Love this and I am a big fan of Goodwill already.
- I love this framed monogram from Crap I’ve Made (isn’t that the best blog name ever?)
If you haven’t gotten completely sick of hearing about this event, I will eventually post a wrap up. But first I need to catch up on my sleep, get through another weekend of travel soccer tournament action, and dodge cicadas.
What are you up to this weekend?
p.s. New giveaway up at my review blog for a great all natural skincare product.