A Snowed-In Mother’s Prayer

Dear Lord:

Please help me to resist…

• the brownies
  • the Christmas stocking candy I found while organizing the last of the holiday loot (how do we have this much CRAP still!?)
  • the leftover pizza
  • the leftover cinnamon bread sticks and icing that hubby ordered to go with the pizza that he apparently can resist because, obviously, he’s an alien or something (has nothing to do with his stellar will power)
  • the pudding and its tempting striped bands of different flavors
  • the autographed bottle of wine from that lovely wine tasting dinner in New York that I swore I’d never open

Amen

p.s. I am trying to lose 5 pounds by the end of January and these Nashville record snow days are NOT HELPING…please God I need a thaw out day so the girls can go back to school and I can get out of the house on a regular basis or I’m going to need to go up a pant size and then I really will break into the forbidden wine bottle. Or three.

1. Sarah says:

Can I put my homemade crackers on your list? Made a batch yesterday. It was supposed to be for the week. It’s gone now. I can at least feel good about the fact that I sent a small container of them to work with Brian this morning and Mia fed 10 or so to the dog (and a few to herself), so I didn’t eat them ALL… not quite. 🙂

2. Val says:

Oh goodness, this sounds familiar. I told my Mom not to bring any of her cookies for our present this year and sadly my FIL sent the box of YUMMIEST chocolates ever. However, he sent a bigger box than normal. Made in the small town he’s living in, they are to die for and I can’t bear to throw them away lol

I’d like to report that my little rack is full and that is not the norm after the holidays 🙂 Pride in the little things right?

3. Varotica says:

Haha, I have not eaten chocolate (or candy) for the last 6 years in the hopes of me loosing weight (combined with exercise of course). Did NOT work!
    For me the snow actually worked. I ate chocolate (one of my new years resolutions!) but had to shovel so much snow … I lost a few pounds! With a little bit more snow I would have taken my kid outside to build an iglu. That would have lost me some more pounds!
    Good luck to you! You’ll get through that!

4. Jamie says:

I just cannot resist any kind of goodies in our house. I made the most incredible brownies last weekend and thankfully my girls ate most of them but I could easily sit and eat a half a pan with a glass of milk!

Our roads are perfectly fine but I’ve been home more than usual since school has been out ALL WEEK. ARRGGGHHHH! 😉

Doing Wii Fit helps and tomorrow it’s going to be a balmy 43 so I think I’ll get out and walk in the morning before my husband goes to work.

5. Cheryl W. says:

AMEN! When we were snowed in for 2 days I found myself raiding the cabinets like a mad women. Having my kids home didn’t help. Mommy, I need a snack. Mom, let’s make brownies. Mom, I am hungry and bored! Uggg!

Hey kids, instead of eating everything in the house, let’s go out side and build a snowman! I am a little smarter than they think. LOL

6. Heidi Mc says:

Snowed in, kids home from school bored, I would’ve hit the autographed bottle of wine. You’re doing good! 🙂

7. Katie says:

This post really hit home w/ me — I totally feel your pain / cravings!! We just keep getting snow up here in Boston and OMG I can’t stop baking (banana bread, muffins, cookies, etc) and when I bake that also means I HAVE to eat…it’s a vicious cycle!! Ha ha. 🙂