The Quest For The Great Christmas Card Photo

It’s nearly Halloween which means it’s time to orchestrate the MOST PERFECT CHRISTMAS CARD PHOTO EVER SO HELP ME GOD! Or, at least that’s what I used to sweat over when my girls were babies. I’ve gotten much more laid back about the entire process. Now I just have to catch my girls sweetly smiling and not making gangsta hand gestures or peace signs or giving each other rabbit ears.

It’s fun to look back at the cards I’ve sent through the years. One of my favorite photo cards pre-kids is one of hubby and I with our dog Bailey (the first baby) and Santa and Mrs. Claus. Sadly, I am wearing a very unfortunate Christmas cardigan that is now probably featured on a bad holiday sweater blog.

I have used Shutterfly for cards and digital prints for several years. They have one of the best selections of holiday cards around (I also love their photo books). There are so many amazing designs this year, in fact, it’s tough to pinpoint my favorites. I’m a sucker for Christmas cards that highlight amazing photography and I love black and white photos.

Here are a few of my favorites from Shutterfly’s 2010 Christmas photo cards collection:

I love the color combination of green and black and the monogram detail which is very Southern. This type design is perfect if, like me, you’re indecisive as heck and you have several photos you want to showcase.

This card is a bit more traditional and I love how it looks with a gorgeous black and white photo.

I’m loving this card and how it showcases this sweet baby picture! Swoon!

What type of holiday card do you like to send?

Do you want 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly? Click here to go to Shutterfly for information on how you can get 50 free cards this holiday season, and make sure to select Clever 1000 as the referral source.

This post is part of a series sponsored by Shutterfly. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.

1. momneverstops says:

Last year I took a picture of my 3 boys and our family dog (little did I know that our dog wouldn’t be around for another Christmas). I have used vacation pictures in the past as well. Walgreens has been my place to have them processed in the past and I have gotten good deals.

2. lifeinapinkfibro says:

Hmmm. We don’t really do the family Christmas card so much in Australia. A few friends do, but most of my friends are hard-pressed to get out a card at all, let alone one they have to organise months in advance. I would, however, like to see a picture of the unfortunate Christmas cardigan. 😉

3. Kaye says:

It is that time again. Thankfully, I think we have a couple of shots from our family trip to the beach that just might work for our Christmas cards this year. I have never used Shutterfly, but their cards look amazing. Maybe I will put ordering cards on my to-do list for next week.

Thanks for the inspiration.

4. EG says:

Christmas cards are a splurge that I’ve just accepted is worth it. I use Tiny Prints and their cards are gorgeous (sorry, Shutterfly, I’m sure you’re wonderful too). I usually do the multi-picture thing so we don’t have to get one good picture of all of us.

That baby picture is too much! So cute!

5. Lee Jeans says:

Blonde Mom,

We use Shutterfly as well. A tip: After several years of Holiday Card pictures with just our 3 kids in them, several friends started telling us they want us in the picture, too. Now, I’m not crazy about showing my annual aging to our many family and friends, but it seemed like a reasonable idea. So we’re include ourselves now in the pics.

Jeff, Community Manager for Lee Jeans

6. led strip says:

This sort of thing needs to happen! Simply letting the quota happen isnt acceptable. Now this will let you take the next steps to becoming successful.