I Got My Toes In The Water…

Hubby having a Jimmy Buffett moment on the beach in Puerto Rico in 1999. I HAD to go to Puerto Rico for a life insurance conference for work. HAD to. Isn’t that horrific?

Palm trees? Check.

Tons of sunshine? Check.

Hammock swinging in the breeze? Check.

Beautiful Caribbean water? Check.

Ice cold beverage? Check.

Paperback novel? Check.

No we are not anywhere remotely like this but I WISH we were here.  I am burned out on several different levels this week and all I can think about is heading to the beach with my husband and my girls, where the only sounds I hear are of waves, steel drums, and someone asking me when I want to schedule my massage at the spa.

I married a beach boy and I love the beach, too. My ultimate family vacation would be a trip back to the Caribbean to somewhere I’ve never been, maybe St. Lucia or Turks and Caicos. We’ve been to beaches in Florida several times, but I’d love for all four of us to board a plane and head even further South. Oh and when we get there we definitely need one of those kid day camps to keep the girls occupied while the hubby and I work on something really important…relaxing.

What’s your ultimate family vacation?

Sponsored By

Cheerios® is giving you the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, your ultimate family vacation. As part of a paid promotion for their “Do What You Love” Sweepstakes, Cheerios® is sponsoring my post today about what my ultimate family vacation would be. Read mine and Enter the Sweepstakes for a chance to actually win your own fantasy family trip or one of a bunch of other great prizes.

Don’t forget to enter the “Do What You Love” Sweepstakes, for a chance to win your own ultimate family vacation. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.

Affiliate link used.

1. Kaye says:

I can’t wait for the beach this week.! I know you don’t want to hear that, but you need a vacation too! From what you have described – you would love a cruise. Nice beaches at the ports to enjoy the day. Also, they have great kids camps onboard.
    .-= Kaye´s last blog ..Way too busy =-.

2. Musings of a Housewife says:

Ultimate FAMILY vacation? Does it have to include the kids? Heh.

I’d love to do the whole Caribbean thing sometime. Never have. But I’d also love to tour Europe. I don’t ask much, do I? 😉

Jo-Lynne:

HA! on the kids…yeah I can relate. This is why I mentioned the kids’ day camp…very important detail! MUST. KEEP. KIDS. OCCUPIED. Otherwise it’s a heck of a lot of running around for mama and daddy.

I realize I have been traveling a lot this year for my blog but that differs greatly from an actual vacation with my husband and girls, ya know?

4. baby love says:

I hope you get to go on your ultimate family vacation real soon!!! 🙂 I think mine would be somewhere exotic as well…no worries, no care, just lots of love & beautiful weather!!

oxox-Camille

5. Briana says:

The beach is the perfect place to relax for me… It is our favorite family getaway and we can’t wait for the weekend. It is my son’s 10th birthday and we will be celebrating it through a small picnic along the beach together with his friends. I bet he is so excited because a special friend will be coming too.

6. Susan says:

For me personally, it would be Italy. But I hear Australia is pretty nice too – just takes FOREVER to get there. And Tahiti. Or Bora Bora. How many places can I have on my list? 🙂 For a family vacation, I’d take somewhere warm with sand. An island in the Carribean sounds pretty good!

I’d love to go to Australia, too, or Bora Bora but maybe not with young kids!!! 😉

OK ya’ll I don’t know what’s going on with my comments here.

Will get my WordPress Guru Daisy Olsen to check into it!