Shout, Shout, Let It All Out

Meeting with a National Hall of Fame teacher a few weeks ago was a real joy. I was impressed when Mrs. McCrary shared that during all her years of teaching kindergartners, she had never once raised her voice.

Never. Not even once.

WOW.

I’m sure I sunk down in my chair just a bit because I am not necessarily a soft-spoken mama. When I get mad, irritated, impatient…I yell at the dogs, the girls bickering in the back seat, bad drivers and whatever or whomever may be in my path.

Yes folks, I’m guilty of being a yeller. I’m not proud of it, but the first step toward changing a bad habit is recognizing it.

Right? RIGHT?

DO YOU YEAR ME?

Sorry…

One day last week while Miss C and Miss A were at the kitchen table eating lunch I told them that I was going to try to not yell for the rest of the year.

Mommy,” Miss C said, rolling her eyes. “How about the rest of the week?”

OUCH!

I mean [whisper voice]…ouch.

1. Jennifer says:

Don’t you just hate it when they put us in our place.

Have you seen that show The Middle? There was an episode about the Mom yelling all the time. It was so funny… and so true.
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..Whats for dinner =-.

2. Kaye says:

Maybe it is just a teacher trait? I am sure that is why I was never cut out to be a teacher- I am a yeller – just ask my kids!

3. EG says:

I’m a yeller, too. Guilt guilt guilt. And I’ve already noticed that Little Man is starting to be the same way.

Alright. I’m with you. It’s going to be really hard for me. Maybe I’ll start with the rest of the week. 🙂
    .-= EG´s last blog ..Conversations with Little Man =-.

4. Rebecca at Toothwhale says:

I’m not a soft-spoken mama, either. Sometimes I feel guilty for losing my cool with my kids, and other times, I don’t. I love them, but sometimes stuff’s just ridiculous already.

I wonder if she ever raised her voice as a mom.
    .-= Rebecca at Toothwhale´s last blog ..Project 365- Week 30 =-.

5. Jamie says:

Patrice (Mrs. McCrary) commented on my Facebook page that I never asked her about her OWN kids. Tee hee.

My girls bicker a lot. Working on finding my inner zen to tune it out, defuse it, something before I YELL!!!!!! 😉
    .-= Jamie´s last blog ..Shout- Shout- Let It All Out =-.

6. dashlane.com says:

In every fashion designs that introduce every seasons in fashion trends,
    majority of French fashions are catch up the eye
    of fashionstas all over the world. Men were made to look like gentlemen, with hats
    being a real staple of an outfit. These sales are best as festival also call for gifts.