If You Give A Kid A Limo

I never rode in a limo until I was in my 30s so Miss A is livin’ large here, tanked up on juice, and ready to paint the big town of Bowling Green, Kentucky.

I’m working on a post about my amazing trip to Kentucky last week with four other blog mamas and their adorable soon-to-be kindergarteners to visit with National Teachers Hall of Fame educator Patrice McCrary, who I lovingly dubbed the kindergartener whisperer. I’ll be sharing some fantastic back to school tips I learned and will also be hosting a fun giveaway for a month’s supply of Kleenex. I don’t know about you, but I’ll need tissue, waterproof mascara, and a heckuva lot of coffee that first day of school.

Do you have an incoming kindergartener? Are they excited about school?

1. Amy says:

So far, I have been o.k. thinking about it. I’m not too sure about the day I’ll leave him there, I mean afterall, this is SCHOOL and not pre-school!! My baby!!! I might be a wreck when I let the oldest out the door for his first day of highschool the same week! Wait, I’m NOT ready for this!!

2. Rebecca at Toothwhale says:

I do have an incoming kindergartner, and he is excited about school. I think he’s really ready. He’s my first child, so this will be our first kindergarten experience. I think his little sister is really going to miss seeing him at preschool and I think I am going to struggle to get us out the door on time in the morning, but I think he’s going to love it.
    .-= Rebecca at Toothwhale´s last blog ..Meet Dorothy =-.

3. Frugal Baby says:

Miss A is certainly living the lifestyle of the rich and famous. We have a little one heading out to kindergarten and it looks like it will be a challenge to get her adjusted. We will deal with it day by day.

4. Malia says:

Yes, my son starts Kindergarten next month! I think more than anything, he’s excited about having playmates, other than his sister, again! We’ve not talked about it too much but since he’s going back to the same preschool/K program he’s been at for the past two years, there’s not too much of an “unknown” factor, other than who his teacher will be, at this point!
    .-= Malia´s last blog ..My Bizarre Allergy =-.

5. Kristie says:

My oldest heads off to kindergarten in September. She is soooo ready! I alternate between being completely ready to drop her off, and tearing up at the mere thought of having her gone for half a day! It will definitely be a big transition time for our family!
    .-= Kristie´s last blog ..Happy Birthday! =-.

6. Kandy says:

My kdg experience last year with my daughter (2nd child) was much harder than with my son 5 years earlier. I thought I knew what to expect having already lived through it once. It was much harder knowing the “baby” was gone all day.
    .-= Kandy´s last blog ..Dragonfly Pendant Beaded Necklace =-.