Let Me Tell You How I Really Feel About Bad Drivers

If you’re out driving in my neighborhood and blatantly run the four-way stop by my house chances are I’ll probably bad mouth your traffic violating booty all over the Internet.

I’m just like Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino, only shorter, younger, blonder, I don’t smoke, and I don’t drink beer from a cooler on my front porch, although that is not a bad idea.

Trust me, despite my nice Southern girl demeanor I can get pretty ticked off, especially if I think someone is endangering my children.

Check out my latest post at Deep South Moms,  Bad Drivers: Don’t Make Me Go All Blogger Vigilante On Your Ass.

Have you ever wanted to hunt someone down after they run a stop sign?

Be afraid irresponsible drivers, very afraid.

1. Sky says:

I read about your blog at your mom’s.

I don’t even have kids, and I feel similarly. You can’t imagine the words that came out of my mouth tonight as I watched the local news and heard about a 24 year old man (being generous with this word, believe me!) who was arrested and fined and LET GO after he was charged with reckless driving @ 135 mph at 1 am across the floating bridge connecting Seattle to the eastside cities. This floating bridge is a very LONG bridge that crosses Lake Washington between Seattle and Bellevue. If he had hit another car (and he was reportedly weaving in and out among other cars), the victim of his recklessness likely would have ended up in Lake Washington DEAD. I am furious about this. When they finally got him to stop (one cop had to quit the chase to protect himself and others; another one located ahead got ready) it was evident he had been drinking. He was tested. Yep! DUI. I was screaming like a crazy woman by this time. When i heard he posted bail and left a few hours later, I was fit to be tied. Now i hear that he lives closer to us than I would like. I want to see him housed in jail for what – say 20 years or maybe even until he is 50 and perhaps has a little more sense! they clocked him driving his BMW at 150 mph at one point. The next qt. is why does any vehicle even GO 150 mph?!

great post and good for you! i am going to send a copy of the article in our paper about this jerk to a local chapter of mothers against drunk drivers. i am ready to protest outside his house and do my best to humiliate him. Trouble is some people don’t care, and since he has a previous record of reckless driving he might just be one of them. grrrrrrrrrrr
    .-= Sky´s last blog ..And Life Is Good =-.

2. Richard Evans says:

I can feel for those parents who loathe reckless drivers. I myself wouldn’t want to lose anything important, much less my little darlings. More power to responsible driving and those who oppose cretins on the road.

3. Melinda says:

This is a reminder that there are no secrets anymore. Since everyone has cell phone cameras, you never know when you might stumble across a photo of your speeding, stop-sign-running, irresponsible-driving face and/or license plate online!
    .-= Melinda´s last blog ..the duggars =-.

4. Donna Warrington says:

I agree 100% and not just for the safety of the children (well, in my case, granddaughter) but for myself and my dogs….and even the cat once in a while.
    SLOW DOWN, PAY ATTENTION, GET THE H_LL OFF THE PHONE.

Donna

5. lifeinapinkfibro says:

Yes, yes and yes. But can I just add one small point to the debate: re-e-a-a-lly slow drivers have a role to play in road mayhem as well. In Fibrotown, where much of the population is, um, retired, there are a lot of people who drive at 20-30km BELOW the speed limit and cause all manner of mayhem behind them. The fact that they don’t indicate and don’t look when they pull out, doesn’t help. We all have a responsibility to use the road well. All of us.
    .-= lifeinapinkfibro´s last blog ..Sex, Religion, Politics: it all comes out in the dark. =-.

6. Linda Sullivan says:

Oh gawd, you’re telling me. IMHO, I believe that stricter legislation should be passed in order to keep these bad drivers away from our road.s And I’m not only talking about the occasional speed nut and drunken driver. Many people still use the cellular phones when they should be paying attention to the wheels! These people should be spending time behind bars instead of just being reprimanded for such blatant disregard for other people around them..