All Hail The Staycation

I took a few days off from work late last week for Miss C’s spring break. We stayed in Nashville (although we are all itching to go to the beach and we hopefully will later this summer) and did some fun things close to home.

I will spare ya’ll my personal pity party about not escaping to a warmer climate for spring break because I think the girls had a great time just venturing from the normal school and work routine. Plus we were fortunate enough to go on two fabulous beach trips last year to Sandestin and to St. Augustine. This year, however, we are really on a tight budget since we just had to replace our old Honda Civic. We also need to budget for necessary, yet extremely unfun things, like getting a massive old evergreen tree cut down in our backyard. And then there’s the whole geriatric dog issue. Bailey is doing much better but it’s a struggle for her to go through our dog door and I just can’t bring myself to research dog diapers just yet.

The girls tried geocaching for the first time with the hubby on Saturday and I think it’s going to be a big hit with them this summer. At some point I’ll write a post about what we’ve learned. The girls procured a rainbow Slinky and a super cool spy watch from their maiden geocaching expedition.

On a side note, HOLY BUNNY CRAP Easter is in less than two weeks!

The Easter Bunny better get to work soon or the girls will wake up to find raisins and bottled water in their baskets and maybe a leftover Dum Dum sucker from the bank drive thru.

Speaking of bunnies, here are a few pictures from our staycation spring break 2010.

What are you and your family doing for spring break?

Phillips Toy Mart

Visiting the spring bunnies at Phillips Toy Mart in Belle Meade

Slide

Busted! This is right after I told Miss A to stop climbing up the slide.

Opryland Hotel

Enjoying the scenic Opryland Hotel.

1. Stacia says:

Geocaching sounds right up your little Nancy Drew’s alley! Can’t wait for the update on that. As for “Spring” Break, we spent it with the sniffles and a freak snowstorm. I think the Easter Bunny might skip our neck of the woods this year … or bring antifreeze and fire logs. Which my husband would like, but the rest of us? We’re holding out for all-things-Cadbury.
    .-= Stacia´s last blog ..Ready or Not =-.

2. Jamie says:

The geocaching seems like a great family activity. Hubby downloaded an app on my iPhone and borrowed it for the afternoon.

UGH on the snowstorm! I should quit my b*tching about our yuck weather although we had flurries in the forecast for early this morning! Tomorrow it’s going to be 66 and Wednesday 71. It’s a wonder we aren’t ALL SICK!
    .-= Jamie´s last blog ..All Hail The Staycation =-.

3. Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom says:

Easter. Two weeks. Gah!

Our Easter Bunny bought candy with which to fill the plastic eggs that (s)he cannot find anywhere. Our Easter Bunny had a very tough day and, ahem, opened said bag of Easter candy. Our Easter Bunny will have to make another trip to the corner Walgreens.

This time for candy AND plastic eggs.

And my second, neglected child? I wonder if there is still time to order that personalized basket liner from Pottery Barn Kids like his sister has.
    .-= Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom´s last blog ..Happy Spring! =-.

4. lifeinapinkfibro says:

We have two weeks until school holidays, then two weeks off. We are also budgeting for un-fun stuff – in our case, a new roof (it doesn’t get much more un-fun than that, right? but kind of necessary). Fortunately, we live near the beach, so will be able to bask in the last few rays of our Indian summer, assuming the weather holds. I think your staycation sounds great – always wanted to visit Nashville!

Look forward to the geocaching rundown as I (luddite) have no idea what you’re talking about.
    .-= lifeinapinkfibro´s last blog ..All about books =-.

5. Cait says:

What a fun spring break! Sometimes I think its better to just stay close and enjoy each others company than to pack everything up and head out. Geocaching sounds like lots of fun!

Our spring break plans were similar to yours, we stayed around the area all week. I think I’ve spent quality time in all of our local parks and playgrounds!
    .-= Cait´s last blog ..Life Before =-.

6. Jill says:

Just to make you feel better, here is what I do for Spring Break every single year: Get in my car and drive to work. And here is what I say during Spring Break every single year: “Who wants to go to the beach when everyone else is going to the beach?” Here is the truth: I am married to a tightwad who hates the beach all the time, but especially during Spring Break. And he knows I call him a tightwad and he agrees and is proud of it. The end.
    .-= Jill´s last blog ..Some Bloggy Goodness =-.

7. Jamie says:

Jill, you make me laugh. 🙂

That is TRUE, though, about spring break and everyone being there. I really like to go Memorial Day weekend. Honestly though it kind of sucked to go to work for just three days but I have to save those vacation days for true out of town vaca!!!
    .-= Jamie´s last blog ..All Hail The Staycation =-.

8. Tabor says:

I have the good fortune of heading to a Florida beach with my toddler grandchildren for Easter…but I am not rubbing this in because at my age I know how wonderful any time with your little ones without a schedule can be. You are very smart in taking advantage of all of this and I guarantee your memories will be less of beach life and more of this!
    .-= Tabor´s last blog ..I Should Be Relieved =-.

9. Denise says:

Try going to the movies for your staycation! It’s local. Every Wednesday from 12pm ET to 12am ET, Fancast is giving away pairs of Fandango movie tickets on Twitter!

twitter.com/fancast

Good luck!

Denise (Fancast Team)

10. Alison Ruffin says:

I used to have a website that I used to cover this, but it got hammered with spam. Looks like you are better at weeding out the spam than I did! Great work!

11. Danuta says:

Good day! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog.
    Is it tough to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick.
    I’m thinking about making my own but I’m not sure where to start.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Thank you

12. Kunsulu says:

2006 年 12 月 20 日 at 01:11我知道了~~刚才看了一下latexrender插件的代码,在评论里用latex插件:修改plugins里目录的latexrender-plugin.php文件,里面有一行// if you want LaTeX in comments (but bewrae of spammers) then remove // from the next lineadd_filter( comment_text’, addlatex’);把前面的注释去掉就行了

13. laser hair removal cost says:

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to
    say that I have truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts.

After all I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again
    very soon!

14. identity theft protection says:

Simply wish to say your article is as astounding. The clarity in your post is
    just great and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject.
    Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming
    post. Thanks a million and please keep up the rewarding work.

15. dog health says:

It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is
    time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I want
    to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article.
    I desire to read more things about it!