When Tuesday Thinks Its A Monday

I had a crappy morning. No pun intended.

Miss C and I left for school shortly after 7:30. She was excited for Dress As Your Favorite Book Character Day and I actually was impressed with the Nancy Drew outfit we came up with. OK so maybe I came up with the costume after she came up with the idea. I told Miss A that I’d be right back and that I’d be taking her to daycare as mommy needed to go to work.

Miss A, who had lounged around all day at home yesterday after spiking a 103 fever Sunday night, was none too happy about this development. But then she started David Lee Rothing around the house this morning in her striped pajamas that remind me of a candy cane and jamming on her pink plastic electric guitar. Obviously she was still very ill.

And there were tears. Finally after bribing her with the prospect of taking her beloved stuffed toy dolphin she consented, although somewhat tearfully. I siezed the moment and her favorite tennis shoes. And then I saw it.

CRAP.

And I mean literally. Crap. There was dog crap all OVER the sole of one of her shoes.

I took the shoe outside and scraped it on a vintage boot scraper shaped like a weiner dog that was my grandmother’s. (Sorry Grandma.) And it was snowing on my head as I did this. Mother Nature what is YOUR DEAL?

I came inside and wasn’t satisfied with Mission Crap Removal so I headed to the kitchen sink and washed the bottom of the shoe.

Miss A walked in on me.

“MOMMY YOU GETTING MY SHOE ALL WET!”

Tears. Oh Lord Have Mercy. More tears.

I dried her shoe as best I could and finally we were out the door after I washed my hands 25 times and then used hand sanitizer twice in the car.

If you’re wondering why I didn’t just ask her to choose another pair of shoes then you’ve never mentally wrestled with a stuborrn 4-year-old. Once they are ready to go you don’t question it, you do not pass go, you do not collect $200, and you willingly scrub dog poop off a shoe just to get out the door.

And then we got to school and all her friends were dressed in cute fuzzy winter pajamas and I realized it was pajama day. And I had forgotten.

THE END.

p.s. I did run back home and get her pajamas before her lower lip began to quiver and she wondered why in the world she didn’t have on her cute flannel pjs.

1. Pippi says:

Your morning sucked with a capital S. I am SO sorry. Sick kid, poopy shoe. UGH. Only thing worse would have been poopy shoe and poopy kid.

2. Amy says:

Hope the rest of your day was better! We didn’t have any crazy melt downs this morning, even after Cam announced last night (again…) he hated school and was not going. We layed out his clothes last night and all was well this morning. We’ll see how it keeps going. 🙂

3. Kaye says:

I saw we just jump in that new ride and head south! I so enjoyed my flip flop and short sleeve weather vacation – that was so nice! Call me when you are ready to head south…..
    .-= Kaye´s last blog ..Disconnected =-.

4. Jennifer says:

Been there. Monday morning I was standing outside in the rain beating fertilized garden dirt off of my five year olds shoes because she just HAD to wear those. David told me to relax, that a little chicken poop never hurt anyone. Yeah.
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..Memory Lapse =-.

5. Stacia says:

Yes, you are so very wise: Never attempt the old shoe bait-and-switch. Or the hat bait-and-switch. Or the jacket bait-and-switch. Or the lunchbox bait-and-switch. Or the … forever and ever amen. (And pass the hand sanitizer.)
    .-= Stacia´s last blog ..Pants on Fire =-.

Stacia, I’ve found it best to just go with the flow if we are successfully en route out the door. Never screw with that people. NEVER!

7. Melissa says:

Ugh, what a morning! I already don’t mess with anything when heading out the door with my 16-month-old, so I can only imagine that it gets even more important as they get older. Plus the tears are bigger and the voices louder! I think that my grandmother had a vintage boot scraper shaped like a weiner dog too, or maybe it was a great aunt. I can see it on the front porch- how funny!
    .-= Melissa´s last blog ..Monday

8. Leiani says:

I totally understand this post…. I’m sorry to say. Have been there, done that (or similar) a thousand times over. The things we do for our kids and for an easy morning!!!

9. denise says:

Awe. I understand too. On a funnier side, my aunt, a teacher in her son’s school, got her son dressed up for crazy day. (Kids wear their clothes inside out.) He decided it was not crazy enough and in 1st grade took his clothes off in the bathroom and decided it would be naked day. 🙂

denise_22315 at yahoo dot com

10. Lucy says:

LOL, I have that same weiner dog boot scraper! It came from the B’ham area. At least the dog poop wasn’t IN the shoe. I can tell you from experience there is just no remedy for that.