New Kid On The Block

First Soccer Practice

We have finally succumbed to the dual soccer season madness. Our soccer league starts at age 3 so we have waited a while, considering Miss A will be 5 in a few weeks. Don’t get me started on that. It will be a Hallmark moment on crack.

She did really great at her first practice, although she was a little shy. At one point she looked over at us and gave us a big thumbs up. She’s a tough cookie so I think she’ll be kicking some soccer booty once she gets the hang of the game (remember she didn’t cry while she had her eye stitched up last fall.)

We lucked up and the girls don’t have any game conflicts so the hubby and I can make all their games. They both practice on Tuesday afternoons, though, so we’ll each be taking one of the girls. And of course Miss A’s practice is no where near Miss C’s.

However, let’s talk about this. Miss A has FOUR 8:30 a.m. games. Ouch! I feel like a college freshman who’s been told that must take class is only available before 9 a.m. Plus March mornings are downright cold. There was one March game a few years ago when it was snowing. And we won’t talk about all the rained out games.

Yeah, yeah, I know I need to suck it up. Soccer is big in our community so we’ll be freezing our butts off with all the other parents.

Still, l think I’ll start a campaign for Starbucks delivery service to our soccer fields.

1. Amy says:

We’ve got dual baseball for the first time. Aaron quite playing by the time Evan started. Evan and Cameron are both playing this year. We did luck out on practices though, same time, same place, 2 fields! YAY! Cam’s should be quite interesting. He is getting his cap and gown picure today and pre-school…talk about a teary thought! I’m already a wreck and won’t get to see the pics for a couple of weeks.

2. Molly M says:

Sometimes starbucks doesn’t even help. We have a case of handwarmers and tostie-toes in the back of my car.

I feel your pain. I love soccer but not when its 29 degrees, with a wind chill of who knows what and it is SNOWING…I don’t see how the players manage.

Here is to a VERY early and warm spring!

3. Shauna says:

Oh, boy do I get this one … I have three under 10 playing travel … all I can say is I have high hopes for scholarships 🙂 Seriously, though … we do have everyone’s numbers and text Satbucks orders to who’s turn it is that day … we alternate weekends and tournaments between the parents … it takes a village, eh!
    .-= Shauna´s last blog .. =-.

4. uncommonblonde says:

As cute as that picture is, I have to admit I was a little sad not to see Jordan, Donnie, Jonathon, or Joey when I clicked over (the New Kids on the Block). What can I say? I’m a twelve year old in a 29 year-old’s body 😉
    .-= uncommonblonde´s last blog ..Ifs and Whens =-.

5. Connie Corey says:

My oldest is 13. He has played ice hockey for 6 years. At the worst, we had 5:45 AM practices at an outdoor rink. In the winter. In upstate NY.

6. Jennifer says:

This is when I’m super glad to have a girly girl. She has asked to play soccer, but she only wants to do it for the “outfit.” For real. And I know she would never be able to stand the heat. Ever. I think next year we may put her in softball. I’m trying to plan ahead for future scholarship opportunities.
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..Memory Lapse =-.

7. Stacia says:

My daughter would go bonkers for that green soccer ball, not to mention the pink and white cleats. She would probably even love being out there at 8:30 a.m. as long as she could wear a cute pair of coordinating earmuffs. I don’t think any amount of venti white chocolate mochas could get me out there though.
    .-= Stacia´s last blog ..Being Right =-.

8. Deb - Mom of 3 Girls says:

Our soccer season starts again in April. This year we’ve only got one playing (phew!) but Abby decided that she wanted to try softball this spring, so we’ll have to see how the two of those work out. And when Becca starts soccer in the fall too… Is it too late to re-think the whole ‘third child’ idea? LOL…

Miss A looks adorable in her soccer jersey! 🙂

9. Jamie says:

Deb, I kind of wish our season started in April but this way it ends before school is out.

The purple jersey was also big sister’s…not sure what her team colors will be but she just told me she wants to be red. Color of jerseys, very important you know. 😉

Oh and I also love Dunkin’ Donuts…I became seriously addicted to their pumpkin lattes last fall. So I’d gladly take DD at the fields, too!
    .-= Jamie´s last blog ..New Kid On The Block =-.

10. Leiani says:

I feel your pain at those early mornings!!! Our soccer season is just starting and goes right through our winter. I am not looking forward to the cold mornings either. And yes it can get cold here in Australia! But the pain of dragging myself out of bed early on both a Saturday and Sunday is worth it by the enjoyment my boys get out of playing the game. The things we do for our kids, eh?

11. lifeinapinkfibro says:

Good luck with the season. Mr6 cannot be tempted on to a sporting field and I’m not too unhappy about it yet. Mr3, on the other hand, is already making noises about rugby, which I am unhappy about. But at least neither of them is interested in cricket – those games last ALL day.
    .-= lifeinapinkfibro´s last blog ..It seemed like a good idea at the time =-.

12. EG says:

She’s adorable!

Soccer doesn’t start here until age 5. I’m ready to get Little Man out there. I guess I have to be the opposing team for a couple more years.
    .-= EG´s last blog ..Funnies =-.