Rainy Days And The Entire Month Of February Always Get Me Down

Blergh.

I’m not a fan of rainy Mondays.

I’m not a fan of February.

I’m not a fan of the fact that I say I’m not a fan quite frequently. This was unbenownst to me until recently when I realized that Miss C has picked up on this phrase and now says “I’m not a fan of,” especially in the context of food she does not want to try.

Yesterday, however, was glorious! It was like a little sneak preview of March. I opened windows, hung freshly washed pink winter coats outside to dry, and we worked in the yard. The hubby and the girls spread grass seed, although he left them alone for a minute and realized they were “spreading” grass seed by dumping one huge clump on one spot with the seed spreader. We’ll notice that later in the spring when we have a freakish amount of bright green grass growing in one particular area  just off our back patio.

We went car shopping Saturday. That was uplifting. (Insert sarcasm here.)

We were hoping our old Honda Civic would make it until this summer when we no longer had daycare costs, but of course that did not happen.

Because I get obsessed with things I had decided a long time ago that I MUST HAVE a Chrysler Pacifica! Then I eased behind the wheel of one on Saturday and all five feet two inches of me felt like I was sitting in a hole playing “let’s drive a car!”

I’m not a fan of short.

We looked at a few more SUVs, including one ridiculously pimped out Ford Expedition that had remotes for remotes, and I found a Jeep Grand Cherokee that I loved but it had higher mileage than what we were comfortable with, plus it was literally being bought as I sat in it and thought, “hey I LIKE this car!”

Are you in a crabby mood yet?

I’m not a fan of one-way conversations so tell me what’s bugging you this Monday?

Later this week I’ll be writing about more uplifting topics such as We Have Crabs! (as in hermit crabs).

1. Deb - Mom of 3 Girls says:

I’m with you when it comes to Mondays – and February. Yesterday was in the 40’s and so much of the snow had melted. Then last night we get hit with a winter storm and we’re covered in inches of new snow again. Ugh! Have I mentioned that I’m not a fan of snow? 😉

2. Pippi says:

We are having a rainy day in Charlotte too. Beautiful this weekend. I am bugged by the fact that I did not work out this morning. I meant to..I set the alarm..but then I hit “dismiss” instead of “snooze” I could be bugged by a lot worse, so I need to keep it in perspective. Best, P
    .-= Pippi´s last blog ..I should have won an Oscar =-.

3. Shab says:

Yes! The weather was fabulous and had me ready for spring! I can’t wait!! Good luck with the car search!
    .-= Shab´s last blog ..

4. Katie says:

Oooh, I am in a crabby mood today too!!!

Well, I am not a fan of many things including my period that was supposed to be here already and now most likely will show up during my vacation next week. Ugh! But before you ask — I am definitely not pregnant. LOL

Good luck w/ your car shopping. That can be so exhausting and frustrating! 🙁
    .-= Katie´s last blog ..The Supermarket Flyer =-.

5. uncommonblonde says:

Today I am not a fan of the project that has been staring at me since last night and is now slightly overdue. I am also not a fan of snowbirds – they are making the traffic here horrible!! I’m off to read more blogs and avoid my project until it is massively overdue.
    .-= uncommonblonde´s last blog ..I’m an Olympian at heart =-.

6. Jennifer says:

I’m 5’2 as well, and yes, it does suck to be short. I drive a Trailblazer (which they no longer make), but I LOVE it if y’all are looking at previously owned. It has been my favorite car ever. I like that I sit higher up off the road. It is comfortable, but still fun to drive. I definitely recommend checking it out. If you are purchasing new then I have no idea.

I’m not a fan of a lot of things. Way too many to put here.
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..A Simple Errand =-.

7. Jamie says:

Jennifer, we are definitely looking at used. I LOVE LOVE SUVs and came to the conclusion this weekend that I am definitely an SUV mama. I drive a Ford Explorer now and before that drove a Nissan Pathfinder. Hubby may get my Explorer if I love the car we find next. 😉 I’ve driven a Nissan Xterra and like them, too. Sat in a Ford Edge and loved it but they are too pricey for us right now.

Uncommonblonde, I’m a fan of procrastination! 😉
    .-= Jamie´s last blog ..Rainy Days And The Entire Month Of February Always Get Me Down =-.

8. Rebecca at Toothwhale says:

February is a b. It’s my birthday month, and even still, I’m not a fan. Come to think of it, that may be contributing. In my twenties, I’m no longer. So, you went with crabs. Did you get one of the colorful painted shells? I guess I’ll have to come back and see!
    .-= Rebecca at Toothwhale´s last blog ..Project 365: Week 7 =-.

9. Stacia says:

OK, since you asked: I went out to lunch and someone scratched my car; I got home, and my dog had pooped all over my rug. Now, I’m blogging and avoiding my own overdue project (hear, hear, Uncommon Blonde). I think I’ll go put on some Carpenters music …
    .-= Stacia´s last blog ..Thanks for Reminding Me =-.

10. amie palenchar says:

I hate car shopping! Honestly I love cars but would rather donate blood than shop for one. It is raining a little in MD & I am soo glad- hoping it will wash away the leftover gray snow & ice mounds. Spring is coming!

11. Jennifer says:

You’re only 5’2?

I’m taller than you?

That is a first.

I’m 5’3 and 3/4, that 3/4 bit is very important when you’re short.

You know what annoys me? Is when they put what I want on the grocery store shelves WAY up high, or the last of the bits are way to the back of the shelf and I need to climb the shelves like a fat monkey. I’m sure it isn’t pretty.
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..My kid will get the last laugh =-.

12. Gary says:

I actually LOVE rain! I also LOVE snow! Actually, I love all types of weather as long as it isn’t blistering hot…. which sucks, because I’ve only lived in Kansas and Texas. Those aren’t the two best places to get away from that during the summer 😉

13. Ernestine says:

Mom is not a fan of snowy, rainy, and February. You are already aware of that from mom’s sad phone calls. Sorry I passed on the 5ft2 to my youngest.
    Think Spring and I know the perfect car is out there.
    .-= Ernestine´s last blog ..Checking In =-.

14. WorkingMom says:

I don’t like Mondays either. February though, I’m okay with. It’s a non-month that my world flies through, cut through the middle by a week of school vacation and Valentine’s Day, so by the time I’m used to writing February on my checks, it’s almost over. Plus New England turns the corner in February – the sun sets later, the snow doesn’t last as long even if there’s a good-sized storm, and some days are warm enough to walk on the beach.

As for SUVs, I’m a minivan girl who covets her mother’s Chrysler Town & Country – because it has second row windows that go UP & DOWN!!!
    .-= WorkingMom´s last blog ..How to Spread Infectious Diseases, Courtesy of CVS =-.

15. Kaye says:

So with you on the short, sitting in a whole while driving. That is what was so hard when I went back to car after having a van. It took a while to find one that felt it “fit”. Keep looking – you may find something you like. Have you tried the Hyndai Veracruz (sp?). I test drove one and felt higher up. Just a thought….I love car shopping. Hubby said this week maybe fall of 2011. 🙁
    .-= Kaye´s last blog ..Disconnected =-.

16. Jessica says:

My children complaining – that gets me down. Don’t like your choices??? Can’t we just be freaking glad we have them???
    .-= Jessica´s last blog ..It

17. Mary @ Giving Up on Perfect says:

Ha! I actually bought a (used) Chrysler Pacifica a couple months ago after realizing our Olds Alero would NOT last until this summer. I really like it – not as huge as an SUV, but still way bigger than my car was. But I guess if you need a tall car, you need a tall car. 🙂

I hope your Tuesday has been better than your Monday!

18. Kylie says:

OMG! So funny! I say “I’m not a fan” all the time and now my 5 year old has picked it up, too. So far, she’s not a fan of green beans, my husband’s goatee and snakes that talk.

19. the soccer store says:

Along with almost as much expectation amongst U . s . football fans out of the box [url=http://www.supersoccershoes.com/nike-ctr360-maestri-boots-c-62.html]nike CTR360 maestri[/url] produced by the subsequent Apple company product launch regarding technophiles, Major Category Football announced its total diary for the particular 2012 time the other day early morning. Stretching from Very first Stop weekend about Goal 12 for the MLS Cup Final about 12 , 1, Multiple listing service will play the longest time in the historical past – any span of video games that can last for 267 days. Additionally, just about all 323 regular time video games and the entirety from the postseason will probably be transmit upon reside tv.

They’re heady times indeed for the 17 years old league, because Multiple listing service makes its way into a new period in their rise in terms of interest amongst home-based soccer fans. Within San Jose, 2012 should show to be the crucial 12 months for your business, because the prospective customers for any new stadium take keep as well as [url=http://www.supersoccershoes.com/nike-ctr360-maestri-boots-c-62.html]nike CTR360 maestri[/url] the staff looks to be able to rebound from your disappointing year on the discipline. The particular tired tiny category that may is among the most Newest Factor and the pleasure from your football local community hasn’t been higher.