Married Love Means Never Having To Say You’re Sorry For Buying Your Panties At Costco

August 1993

Hubby and I in 1993 during my pre-Costco panty buying days. I was visiting him when he lived in Jacksonville, Florida. We got engaged in 1995.

It’s Valentine’s Day weekend and there’s no school Monday in observance for President’s Day. You know what that means.

Send the kids to the grandparents!

We’ll be engaging in raucous Married Foreplay 101:

• Filing
  • Organizing
  • Cleaning
  • Car Shopping
  • Fine Dining With The Aid Of A Leftover Christmas Gift Card
  • Passing Out On The Sofa While Watching A Movie

What are you crazy kids up to this weekend?

1. amie palenchar says:

Starting out wild weekend of romance with trip to Sams Club! No panties on the list but I will be sure to look 🙂 Beacuse we are complete dorks- we will dress whole family up in red for Valentines Day & take kids out to dinner . Have I mentioned in MD we have had 3 ass kicking snow storms in a row & the kids have been home ALL week? The roads are spotty but we r going somewhere!

2. Leisa Hammett says:

Ur Funny! (Pretty hot in that picture, too.) And, I just raided Hanes at OpryMills during a Blissdom break last Thursday. This makes me not feel so sad sack about that…as I’m about to remarry….VS doesn’t work 4 me anymore and the pairs I purchased post divorce are pretty sad lookin’ now. (You do know that e’ry woman who divorces makes a bee line for VS & a new wardrobe?)
    .-= Leisa Hammett´s last blog ..My "Hard-Partyin’" Bird-Luvin’ "Nerd" =-.

Ya’ll need to know that I have never been as tan in my life as I was on that trip in 1993 to visit my hubby (then boyfriend) in Florida. It was a 10-day trip and I’d hit the beach while he was working.

Now I slather on 50 plus sunscreen and get a few freckles.

I also buy cotton underdrawers at Costco.

I am the epitome of practical now. 😉

4. Jessica says:

Isn’t that the truth! I got my husband a KSU hat so the children have something to give him for Valentine’s day….then we are making homemade heart-shaped pizza and angel food cake (my first try on that from scratch, oh dear gawd.)….and lest I forget, we are also attending a dinner at church which required the purchase of tickets….WILD. 😉 Have a great weekend!
    .-= Jessica´s last blog ..Our snow day activity =-.

5. WorkingMom says:

First, cotton panties courtesy of Target, and I won’t tell you how old. Second – geez, did you look over my shoulder at our To Do List? Doing #1-3 and (I’m sure) #6, plus a diaper run and attending a fundraiser for a friend’s extended family in Haiti. Issues with Hubby all week, who’s working Saturday on top of everything else, pretty much rule out any romantic gestures or fun stuff from him.

I also have Monday off, and the kids are on vacation next week, so the options are endless. Clean out the basement? Clean their bedrooms? Do the taxes? Anything’s possible!

Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone!
    .-= WorkingMom´s last blog ..My Son =-.

6. Connie Corey says:

I knew you were a closet Wild Thing!!
    Most of my date nights with dh end up with us at Lowe’s or Home Depot. Who says love is not alive in the plumbing department of your local hardware store??
    Have a nice weekend!

7. Rebecca at Toothwhale says:

You’re awesomely funny, lady. You know what else is great about married love? He’ll take your sugar even if it’s coming to him in granny panties because you gave him beautiful children and even after all these years, you’re as sweet to him as he could reasonably expect any woman to be.

We don’t have anything even as exciting as that planned, and that’s all right, too. Hope you have a good weekend!
    .-= Rebecca at Toothwhale´s last blog ..We’re reading: Books about snow =-.

8. Mary @ The Writer's Block says:

Well, I’m jealous of Coma Girl. That sounds like a pretty fancy V-day to me.

I’m excited when I can get a “free pair” in the Fruit of the Loom pack for $6.99 at Target.

That’s about what our celebration weekend list looks like, too.

(You are so funny. 😉 )

Enjoy your weekend–Spongebob-free, that it will be.
    .-= Mary @ The Writer’s Block´s last blog ..My (Honest) Blissdom 2010 Re-cap =-.

9. Alan says:

There will be wine and fabulous cooking by your loving husband as well. And that picture was August of 1994.

10. Jennifer says:

Ahhh. Married love. We both have to work and our kids are not out of school on Monday. Plus David has to work all weekend long. And Saturday night we are having friends over. Wedded bliss.
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..Out of Blog =-.

11. Dianne Tant says:

Your valentines married love 101 foreplay….funny…we have been married 42 years; I think we have the same list for this holiday….not going out to eat. restaurants too crowded…love your blog. Dianne(Mimi – grandmother of 12)

12. Jennifer says:

Have a great weekend!

I bought a valentines cake from DQ, we’re ordering in tonight, watching movies and doing nothing. The girls and I that is, as Glen is still overseas for the next several months.

13. The Stiletto Mom says:

That is HILARIOUS. I had the entire week off before I start my new job on Tuesday. My new boss made some comment about how I should go somewhere really fun with my week off and I’m not sure what he thought when I started excitedly telling him how I planned to clean out each and every closet in my house. Great way to make a first impression but at least he knows what he is in for now, right?

Just bought the headband….so cute and such a good cause!

14. Caitlin says:

That is great! My Valentine’s Day consisted of many attempts at fun things (having a nice breakfast, seeing a movie, going shopping) that were all thwarted by my 8 month old cutting his first tooth and screaming all day. I’m jealous that you had a child free weekend to relax, er…do all the crap that’s harder to do with children around.
    .-= Caitlin´s last blog ..Dear Seventeen Magazine, Thank You for the Heart Attack. =-.

15. Tricia says:

I don’t have a Costco membership, but I did stoop so low as to order a nightie at Kmart while I was ordering some Wizards of Waverly Place pajamas for my kids! The whole thing turned out to be a nightmare. I ended up “recycling” an old one and he didn’t even know the difference.
    .-= Tricia´s last blog ..Three Strikes for Kmart =-.

16. Katie says:

I love your post — it’s so funny! If you get a good deal on undies and they are comfy then I say buy 2 packs from Costco! Hee hee 🙂

Our weekend was definitely equally as scandalous — lots of playing outside, Disney on Ice, and cleaning. I am just that exciting!
    .-= Katie´s last blog ..Our Magical Celebration at Disney on Ice =-.