Six Degrees Of Separation From Sponge Bob

Friday morning after breakfast Miss A announced that she wanted to write a letter. She ran downstairs to our home office area and came back with a pristine sheet of paper just waiting to be transformed into a letter. She quickly rummaged around in our loosely categorized arts and crafts drawer (where there are sticker books, Moon Sand, and other goodies) for a red crayon.

I thought this was so sweet. Obviously she’d been inspired to sit down and compose a letter to me since I had told her that I wouldn’t be home until bedtime tonight since I was going to a big meeting. I knew she would miss me terribly.

This is what she wrote:

nickjr

Nick Jr. is awesome….seriously? Child? Where IS the mama love?

p.s. I got home from the Blissdom 2010 conference held at Opryland Hotel here in Nashville tonight and I’m still on a hugging, squeeing, laughing, dancing, touching Harry Connick Jr.’s back while posing for a group photo high. I met some awesome bloggers for the first time, from Nap Warden to Scribbit to Wendy Piersall to The Stiletto Mom to Domestic Chicky to Busy Dad to Rhoda at Southern Hospitality to The Diaper Diaries to local Nashville blogger Rostitchery at the Sprout TV Band of Bloggers breakfast to Christine Koh at Boston Mamas to Sibi from Pearls and Grace.

Big thanks to my fab mama roomies Michelle Lamar and Amy Allen Clark for letting me crash their room. It’s a two-year tradition. Hollah! At some point I will post photos to my Flickr account but now? I’m going to bed.

1. Pippi says:

Awesome is a hard word to spell, I am impressed. My two have moved on to Cartoon Network, which I tend to despise. Disney Channel is a little better. But, I’ll always love the Backyardigans and will even pause to watch them myself for a bit if we happen to channel surf by. Glad the conference was fun. -P
    .-= Pippi´s last blog .."Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy…" =-.

Pippi, I did have to help her with the spelling but I think she has pretty impressive handwriting for an almost 5-year-old!

The conference was fun. I only spent one night. I think if I’d spent two nights it would take me a week to recover. Lots of amazing bloggers and speakers! Opryland Hotel is gorgeous too (and HUGE)…lots of walking. Glad I took flats and my comfy boots!

3. Angela Gaffke says:

Wow! You’ve got a little genius on your hands. I love letters from my oldest son (6-years-old). I can’t bring myself to get rid of any of them and he writes me a lot.

4. Evan says:

She’s a creative little girl as always. I wonder why Spongebob has garnered more attention than any other Nick character? I mean, they are portrayed in almost the same way.

5. Domestic Chicky says:

It was AWESOME meeting you too! I can’t imagine having Amy and Michelle in the same room – the madness!!! 🙂
    How come I feel like I met SO many people, but at the same time not nearly enough?!?!?
    .-= Domestic Chicky´s last blog ..Off To BlissDom!! =-.

6. Sibi says:

It was SO WONDERFUL meeting you too!!

Thank you so much for your sweet comment and for taking the time to talk with me this weekend at the conference!! I would love to stay in touch and I will link up with the FB group soon. (Piles and Miles of laundry to do now!)

Many Blessings!!

Sibi

7. Molly says:

One year, I got a handmade Valentine that said “Star Wars is cool, Mom.” I took it more as a lecture than a token of love. That was so cute, thanks for sharing!