Wild About Harry

I reminded my mom the other day that I’ll be attending the Blissdom Conference for women bloggers Friday and Saturday at Opryland Hotel.

She asked me what I thought I would learn from the conference but all I can think about is OMGHARRY.

Have you heard?

Harry Connick Jr. will be performing briefly at tonight’s cocktail party.

Harry Connick Jr

When I first read this I had a “moment.” And it was not of silence.

I immediately called my best friend to tell her. I also told her if she wanted to start a blog immediately she could always attend the conference stalk Harry with me.

Because he is a true Southern gentleman down to the core he’s not canceling his performance at Blissdom Saturday night even though his beloved New Orleans Saints are playing in the Super Bowl Sunday. He’s moved his appearance to the Friday night cocktail party.

I’ve seen him perform live at TPAC here in Nashville (wearing a red silk suit no less) and let me tell you my pretties, boy can WAIL on a piano.

Also? He is mighty fine to look at.

I would never kick him out of bed for eating beignets.

p.s. A big thank you to my hubby for watching the girls tonight and tomorrow and juggling fun things like roller skating this afternoon and a birthday party at a gymnastics center tomorrow. He’s not feeling well this morning so I’m hoping he can make it through the next 24 hours!

1. Stephanie says:

Oh man! He had me from the moment he started singing “Danny Boy” in that airplane movie – Memphis Belle. He is A-MAZING and I’m very envious of you BlondeMom!!!

2. WorkingMom says:

Um… forget the beignets (although they are little puffs of Heaven)… Harry could eat a muffaletta in bed with me… and spill on the sheets. Enjoy seeing him, and don’t drool too much.
    .-= WorkingMom´s last blog ..My Son =-.

3. Stacia says:

I’ve always thought he was easy on the eyes, that one. Then I saw a documentary about all his post-Katrina rescue work, and I was downright smitten. Enjoy seeing Harry! (Oh, and the conference.)
    .-= Stacia´s last blog ..Give Me a P

4. Aimee W. says:

Wow…I am SO jealous — I wish I was going to be there! In addition to his musical and acting talents, I literally just can’t tear my eyes off of Harry ;o)

AWESOMENESS TO THE AWESOME!

Group photo at some point will be posted to the Flickr pool for Blissdom. He was so gracious. Such a great performer. I shook his hand and told him how much I’d enjoyed his performance at TPAC here in Nashville years ago.

Rumor has it that one of my blog friends totally did a dance off at Fuse nightclub at Opryland Hotel with one of HCJ’s musicians. (And NO it was not me….) Tee hee.

6. sal williams says:

I must say a photo of HCJ is bound to catch my eye…you are right…the boy can wail but oh my goodness he just gets cooler and suaver and more southern gentlemanly with every damn year.I race around the TV catching his live performances cause I can feel those sparks he gives off. Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!!

7. R Hicks says:

I have always been a big fan of him ever since he started. Over the years he has gotten better and better like a fine wine

8. Cherry B says:

Hottie indeed! Beignets, crackers, whatever he wanted to eat, he could do so in my bed as well. From the looks of this, he could be making the rounds 😉

9. lingerie says:

Excellent site, keep up the good work. I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I