Favorite Things

I peer into Miss C’s bedroom. She is my big little girl nearly asleep in my childhood bed. All I see is the top of her head. She is burrowed beneath a leopard pattern comforter and pink sheets.

“Come here snuggle bug.” She says this to me as soon as she hears my footsteps creak on the hardwood floor and I laugh because it sounds like something I would say to her.

I crawl into bed beside her and breathe in her blonde hair.

“This is one of my favorite things…snuggling with you at bedtime,” I tell her.

She rolls over toward me and says, “One of my favorite things…is loving you,” and then she closes her eyes and smiles.

1. Evan says:

Sometimes kids can say things that would reinvigorate a stressed parent- and I think it is our duty as parents to return the favor.

2. Katie says:

Awww, that is the sweetest thing ever! Thats definitely a comment you will always remember. It melted my heart and she’s not even my little girl. Hee hee

Thank you for sharing — I can’t wait to see my little cuddle bug now! 🙂
    .-= Katie´s last blog ..Toyota Safety Recall =-.

3. Jamie says:

She is a real sweetheart. Makes me feel guilty for my crazy PMS mama days.

Oh and her betta fish DIED last night. 🙁 So we’ll be having a fish funeral later this afternoon.
    .-= Jamie´s last blog ..Favorite Things =-.

4. Jennifer says:

I love it so much when they are sweet. Last night I snuck in to give Baby Girl one more kiss before I went to bed and I leaned over to kiss her and she grabbed my hand in her sleep and sqeezed. Ahhh. Those are the moments.
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..My family is accident prone =-.

5. Stacia says:

Leopard comforter and pink sheets, that’s the good stuff. And being snugglebugs, that’s most definitely the good stuff, too.

Sorry to hear about the fish. =<
    .-= Stacia´s last blog ..What

6. WorkingMom says:

And it’s THOSE moments that make everything else so worth it…

Keep seeing that little face saying those sweet words when she’s a teenager. It’ll get you through.
    .-= WorkingMom´s last blog ..My Son =-.

7. Winston C says:

That’s so cute! Snuggle bug!!! It reminds me of the way my grandma used to snuggle me long time ago. Back then I was so afraid of the dark/ghosts that I couldn’t sleep without somebody by my side.

8. Merren says:

I call my youngest, 13yrs old, Miss C as well. I can still remember when she was young and a great snuggler. Now she has no time for such foolishness…oh the days!