As The Wine [Does Not] Flow

Last Saturday, in an effort to detox from the holidays, I decided to forego all alchol for the remainder of the month.

Wine Glass

(See also digital scales flashing RUH ROH at me instead of numbers.)

I may have picked a really bad week to quit drinking wine.

Nashville Weather Forecast

It’s looking like no school tomorrow and possibly Friday, which means being snowed in with two kids and two dogs and a karaoke machine and a Hungry Hungry Hippos game (i.e. the loudest freaking board game on the planet) and me wanting a glass of wine by 5 o’clock noon.

Mr. Bill

1. Kristy says:

Oh my gosh – that’s hysterical. Probably because that hit WAY too close to home. Good luck with the detox – if you can make it through a snow day without it, consider yourself “clean.” LOL

2. Jamie says:

And I know, ya’ll, that you Northerners are laughing at me jokingly freaking out about our big “snow in” but they will call off school if we have ANY precipitation at all.

On a positive note I’ve lost about 2 pounds since I’ve quit drinking the vino and replaced my second morning cup of coffee with team. Booya!
    .-= Jamie´s last blog ..As The Wine [Does Not] Flow =-.

3. Qtpies7 says:

I hear ya! I actually used to never drink. If there was a wedding or something really special I would have a drink or two, but it rarely happened more than once a year.
    Now that I am old and have 7 kids, most of whom are teenagers, my body is failing me and I have insomnia and some weird nerve problem that my legs HURT if I lay down. My choices are: Ambien that makes you a freakin nut job AND narcotics for the pain or a bottle or two of beer that covers both that adds a lot of calories.
    I took up drinking. I also gave up the scale.
    .-= Qtpies7´s last blog ..The best laid plans, HAHA!!! =-.

4. Tabathia B says:

Well in eastern north carolina we would love a little snow if its going to be this cold over 2/3 the US.

5. Evan says:

Weather nowadays is just so unpredictable. But I bet if we just brush up on environmentalism, we can change a few things.

6. Angela P says:

This weather does make kids and parents crazy! I had to turn our downstairs into a makeshift play yard for my son and the two other 20 month old boys I watch. Some nights I really need that glass of wine! Cutting back is a great idea, especially since the holidays probably helped me add 4 lbs. It’s so hard to be active with this kind of weather!
    .-= Angela P´s last blog ..Free Purex 3-in-1 Laundry Sheets =-.

7. Wendy says:

But you are remiss…. a glass of red wine a day is actually recommended. All those anti-oxidants and all. Just not more than that. 🙂