Payback Is Hell

Patience is not a virtue of mine, and it’s definitely not something that eminates from my soul in the mornings.

I’m usually not at my best before 8 a.m., especially on work and school mornings. Miss C, God bless her, is somewhat OCD (I’m not sure where she got that personality trait) about getting to school not just on time, but early…as in arrive before they open the school doors at 7:45 sharp.

One morning last week I was scrambling to get my sh*t together: rushing to brush my teeth, freaking out over the fact that I couldn’t find my car keys, and searching high and low for my phone charger.

Miss C was on me like a drill sergeant.

“Mommy let’s go…come on! COME ON Mommy we’re going to be late! Mommy you need to be more organized in the mornings!”

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” I groused. Sheesh kid, have some patience, I thought to myself.

And then it hit me like a cup of coffee you look forward to savoring that’s gone bitterly cold.

She sounded JUST LIKE ME.

Retro Woman Screaming

I’ve been remarkably more patient this week in the mornings.

1. Katie says:

That is so funny that Miss C is your little drill sergeant. And even funnier that she’s just like you! 🙂

I wish my little one was more of a morning person — I dressed her this morning while she was still asleep. She’s a party animal at night, but then hates waking up in the morning. Ugh!

2. Jamie says:

Katie, Miss A (who is 4) is our party animal at night! I have to practically bribe her to get dressed. 😉

It will be “interesting” to see what it’s like when she goes to kindergarten next year. Right now she leaves later in the morning with hubby. Hopefully Miss C will whip us all into shape!

3. Jennifer says:

HA! That’s funny, she could ensure that she gets you organized in the mornings. I have to kick mine out of bed to get dressed for school. My eldest is very particular, food first, then consultation on lunch, then dressed and she is now in the habit of doing all her other chores in the am (make bed, clean room, brush hair and teeth) so I don’t have to nag her.

Yet, weekends when they can sleep in, up an hour before they normally even get up during the week. How the hell does that work?
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..So I shall bore you some more

4. Evan says:

It’s all in the genes. LOL. Look at the bright side, your girl’s very strict about details. When she grows up she might be very successful.

5. Bobby says:

It is amazing and scary all at the same time when you see how much your children are a part of you. Certain traits, habits and even the way your voice rises and falls at times when you speak can be recognized in the wee ones. It is enough to to make a parent reevaluate everything they do or say. However, that is what mother nature is all about and you should take it for what it is; a great opportunity to raise a magnificent child with traits he or she inherited directly from you. Remember, it is always a labor of love,.

6. Kathy Rambousek says:

Your story reminds me how I’ve thought many times that I’ve heard my mother’s voice come out of my mouth. Looks like you’ve got one to keep you on your toes.

7. SEO Wales says:

Your focus is awesome and a great example for others. I will try as much as possible to improve on my skills from the advices in the article. Thanks a lot for the information. I really need this.