Just Call Me The Diva Of Dirty Laundry

We’ve been using our brand new Affinity front load washing machine and dryer from Frigidaire for more than a month now and I’ve got to tell you I LOVE THEM. I actually don’t mind doing laundry any more because walking into our utility room feels like walking into my own personal laundromat minus the 80s video games and the magazines (also from the 80s.) Of course I still hate folding and putting away laundry, but that’s another story.

Seriously if it is possible to truly adore appliances, then I have appliance love. I feel like a rock star doing laundry because they’re so state-of-the art I actually don’t mind washing dirty clothes or dirty whatever. Dog beds? Sofa slipcovers? Full-size comforters? These bad boys can take it!

I am also loving the storage pedestals and use them to stow away our bleach, fabric softener sheets, and even our iron. Our utility room is long and narrow so to have additional, yet hidden, storage space was a bonus.

Speaking of bonus, you’ll see from this video that even Miss C now wants to do laundry. Miss A, per usual, just wants to play her pink electric guitar.

Thanks again to Mom Central and Frigidaire for this amazing review opportunity and also to Rico and Ronald at A1 Appliance here in Nashville who tolerated me ooohing and aaaaaahing over our new washer and dryer while they installed them!

So tell me, what’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever washed in your washing machine? I’m thinking mine is soccer shin guards, although honestly that’s probably not that weird.

<object width=”425″ height=”344″><param name=”movie” value=”http://www.youtube.com/v/_R88uFiWed4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0″></param><param name=”allowFullScreen” value=”true”></param><param name=”allowscriptaccess” value=”always”></param><embed src=”http://www.youtube.com/v/_R88uFiWed4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0″ type=”application/x-shockwave-flash” allowscriptaccess=”always” allowfullscreen=”true” width=”425″ height=”344″></embed></object>

1. Heather says:

Having twin front loaders is my dream. I give my husband a few more years to figure out how to relocate our laundry room from the creepy basement to a corner of the kitchen. That video clip is adorable!
    .-= Heather´s last blog ..you at 22 months =-.

I really do love them and honestly they blow our old set away (our washing machine was 12 years old and we’d already killed our first dryer.) I wash a lot of heavy duty items, like the girls comforters and our dogs’ beds and these are made to handle big stuff! They’re also really energy efficient. I’m going to post next week about the specific features I’ve found myself using quite a bit.

Now I need to just get the room more organized!

3. Amy says:

Something to make you enjoy laundry–and it was given to you! It doesn’t get much better than that! I feel the same way about the new kitchen I’m getting from Merillat. I may move into the kitchen when it’s done 🙂

As always, I enjoy your blog. You were one of my inspirations in starting my own. 🙂
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..The excitement is building =-.

4. EG says:

Well there was my cell phone. Oops.

This week I washed #1’s Crocs. He had a poop blowout in his bathing suit during water play at daycare on Monday, and they put the Crocs in the same bag.

Now that I think about it, they must’ve been contaminated, too, ’cause when I put him to bed that night he said, “My toes aren’t stinky anymore. Miss Chrystal washed them.”

5. Kel says:

Weird things washed in a washing machine…hum…sounds really interesting, but alas I think I have only the standard washing going on – I do toss in a pair of DQ’s horribly stinky shoes from time to time… 🙂
    ~K

6. Connie Corey says:

Stinky 10 yo boy hockey gear – gross!

I have front loaders, too. Five people in our house. I join you in appliance love!

7. Amy says:

How about the MP3 player the 13 year old insisted he did NOT leave in his pants pocket? Hmmm, then I just went and found it and threw it in the washer?

8. Liz says:

Well, I once destroyed an awesome down comforter because it SAID machine washable, but it clearly meant a machine other than my own! There were feathers everywhere. For days.

I now own all new appliances after a whole house remodel. It’s awesome and I join you in your appliance love. I have a dishwasher for the first time ever and I’m so ecstatic! We had a party last weekend and it was a concerted effort by our friends to use every dish and glass in the house. (We’re the only ones with a dishwasher and they’re all jealous.)
    .-= Liz´s last blog ..Home Decorating Help from Lisa LaPorta & KILZ =-.

9. Karen MEG says:

Aren’t front-loaders great? I couldn’t believe the difference when we finally got a pair last year.
    So the weirdest thing I ever washed…my husband’s passport, just before we were scheduled to go to Spain…ugh, this was more than 10 years ago, and it was tattered but we didn’t have time to get a new one. He was held up in the airport in Europe for a bit…for sure, we wouldn’t have been able to get on a plane if this happened now! Do NOT ask me why his passport was in his pant pocket…who puts it there? Mind you, he continues to put everything in there to this day (including errant Pet Shop pets….)