Tulle Rules

Because I can barely sew on a button, and also because I wanted Miss C to show off her incredibly pretty dance recital costume, we went to my mom’s house yesterday so she could sew on a strap. She’s having dance portraits taken after school today and I’ve already shown her the pink lipstick and pink glittery lip gloss I bought for the occasion. But she doesn’t need makeup to make her any prettier, in my opinion.

Be still my heart.

dance

And newcomers to my blog, please take note that this dance business is all new for us. I promise we’re not an uber girly girl diva household. Miss C is in her 6th season of playing youth soccer and she still readily takes up with earth worms.

1. Jennifer says:

That is a beautiful costume and she looks really happy to be wearing it. I’m not sure I would be able to keep Baby Girl still long enough to take a picture in hers.

2. Amy says:

Oh wow – she looks so grown up! This is a very pretty picture – I hope you get ones as good from the photo shoot.

3. mamatulip says:

Oh, Jamie. I LOVE this picture. Look at her! She is gorgeous and proud and confident and beautiful. Be still my heart, indeed.

4. Natalie says:

This is SO Pretty!!!!! Dance costumes have come a long way for this age since I was in them 20 years ago!!! B-E-A-utiful!

5. Jonathan says:

I have a daughter who’s about the same age. Isn’t it just wonderful? And your daughter looks so pretty in that dress and so happy. I’ve been reading your blog for some time now and just thought I should let you know about this other site i’ve been reading as well. It’s aimed at parents with daughters and its aptly named daughters.com. Check it out, it has some great articles from lots of experts.

6. Loukia says:

What a beautiful dance costume! Aww, aren’t dance recitals so cute? I have two boys, but I remember loving dance class and watching my younger sister’s recitals… too sweet!