Edited to add: I FINALLY (thank you JESUS as I was about to hurl my laptop out the window) got my photos uploaded to Flickr if you’d like to check them out.
I headed to the other side of Nashvegas Saturday for BlissDom ’09, a fabulous blog conference thrown by my friend Alli (Mrs. Fussypants) and the One2One Network. I wasn’t able to make it to Friday’s sessions, but I did attend a dinner for the Real Girls Media ad network that night and met some of the talented women in our ad network which was a real delight. Lindsay Ferrier of Suburban Turmoil rode with me to meet everyone at Miro District.
Real Girls Media ad network: Melissa of The Inspired Room, Jessica of Jessica Knows, Tara of Deal Seeking Mom, Lori of A Cowboy’s Wife, Rebecca from RGM at the head of the table, Amy of Mom Advice, Lindsay, me, and Jo-Lynne of Musings of a Housewife.
It was also a great time to learn trivia blackmail material about everyone. To whit, Amy Allen Clark of Mom Advice fame? She’s a mild mannered apron wearing crocheting frugal diva by day, gangsta rap listening box of wine drinking mama by night. Don’t let the pearls fool you!
Social media maven Katja of Skimbaco taking a picture of Amy after a Saturday night dinner outing to Big River downtown. Thanks to John Andrews of Walmart for letting me tag along to the Walmart 11 Moms dinner.
Jen Lancaster, best-selling author of Bitter is the New Black and Such a Pretty Fat was the keynote speaker. Go buy Jen’s books, and I can call her Jen because she was so genuine and funny (and she has a blog!), AND also go buy Chris Mann’s CD. He wooed us with his Twitter speak and hot moves on the dance floor. I described him as hot and then later as ”cute as a button” so I’m definitely channeling my grandma. If I start hording jelly packets from Cracker Barrel again, I may need an intervention. The duo from Yanni’s Voices also surprised us Saturday and they were incredible (and again…uh very handsome and we all let them know that by screaming.)
THE White Trash Mom (Michelle Lamar), Mrs. Flinger, and Amy were kind enough to let me crash in their room. I’ve been reading Mrs. Flinger since 2005 which in blog years is akin to caveblog days and White Trash Mom was also one of my early blog crushes. She is case of beer fun. I witnessed Michelle and Rachel from A Southern Fairytale (who is as sweet and awesome as I knew she would be) dance to Honky Tonk Badonkadonk which pretty much made my evening complete.
White Trash Mom and Mrs. Fussypants get their groove thing on at the closing cocktail party.
Mrs. Flinger and me!
The artwork at Hotel Preston is very Nashvegas Redneck Kitsch (Know What I Mean Vern?) I mean who doesn’t want Jim Varney watching over them while they slumber? I assure everyone from out of town that this isn’t the norm. I mean I keep my Jim Varney artwork in the bathroom. (Ba dum dum.)
And now for some links and bullet point musings on BlissDom:
- I didn’t have nearly enough time to say hello to everyone.
- I loved that there were two conference session tracks: apprentice and maven.
- I loved the swag bags, which were actually very nice canvas pink and white tote bags from Lands’ End. I also can’t wait to use the Crocs promo code. I’m a Crocs virgin and I’ve got my eye on these leopard flats. Who knew Crocs could be cute?
- I took quite a few notes during the branding session. I’m mad at myself for not taking the time to update my blog business cards. I’m ordering new ones updated with my Twitter ID and my Savvy Housewife review and giveaway blog information. Right before I left the house Saturday I considered wearing a play tiara with my Twitter ID taped to it and I kind of regret that I didn’t go for it. Maybe next year?
- Jo-Lynne at Musings of a Housewife has a great link up for BlissDom attendees to post their recaps.
- Secret Agent Mama is one fabulously talented photographer and led a photo walk in Nashville Sunday morning. I can’t wait to see the photos. Here’s the link to the Flickr group she created.
- Lu Ann at What A Girl Wants has a great collection of overheard at Blissdom quotes.
- CoolMomGuide has a link up for Twitter IDs for all BlissDom conference attendees.
- Transcripts of all the BlissDom sessions are available (and at a discount for attendees.)
If you have a bullet point to add or a link, please leave it in the comments!