I’m so tired today that it’s not funny. Last night I wasn’t feeling very well at bedtime (just call me Gassy McGassy Pants) and about 1 a.m. I woke up to the most excruciating pain in my upper abdomen. I felt like I was having a charley horse in my gut. The hubby fetched me a Pepcid and after it kicked in I finally fell asleep only to have our old lady dog come clickity clacking down the hall and practice her heavy breathing technique about 12 inches from my face. I woke up feeling fine, just exhausted, so I think I”ll just ramble in this post. Care to join me?
- This weekend the girls played so well together I was almost worried they were secretly plotting against me. We stayed home all day Saturday since Miss C is getting over strep throat. The only downside to them playing really well together is that they absolutely frat party trash the house. We’re talking a smart bomb of My Little Ponies and stuffed animals.
- We attended the church of biscuits and hashbrown casserole, the Cracker Barrel, yesterday morning with my dad, who turned 76 on Saturday. The girls always love to check out the gift shop and the hubby bought Miss C the sportiest pink tweed news boy cap. It’s not even funny how cute she looks in this hat. I never look good in hats, so she did not inherit this from me.
- I went to a funeral with my mom yesterday afternoon. My brother-in-law’s 100-year-old grandmother passed away. She was an amazing woman.
- My vlog project kicks off in February. I can’t really say much about it, except that it’s a fabulous parenting correspondent gig with other bloggers and it’s a great excuse for me to get my hair blown out.
- Miss A is going through a horrible clinging freak out thing every morning, and it’s especially horrific on Mondays. She doesn’t want to go to daycare and although the hubby almost always takes her (I drop Miss C off at school and then head to my office) now only I can take her or she has a fit. I feel guilty and conflicted that she “has” to go to daycare and that I actually like going into work. I get mad. She gets mad. Tears are shed. Flog myself with the mommy guilt. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
- My skin is so white right now due to lack of sun that it glows, but not in that vibrant, healthy way. More like that bizarre blind sea creatures at the bottom of the ocean glow.
- Speaking of white skin, we’re going to Sandestin resort in March for spring break. I’ve been given the awesome opportunity to review the resort as a family vacation destination and I AM SO PUMPED. We could really use a family vacation and it will be such a treat to stay at a full service resort. The girls don’t really get it, since it’s not Disney World and they have been campaigning to meet Mickey, but I’ve been showing them pictures online and they’re very excited, even if there is no Cinderella’s castle. There will be a beach, a pool (several of them), and margaritas. That’s all I need.
I’ve been to Destin years ago, but have never stayed at Sandestin. I’m sure Sandestin will keep us busy, but when we venture out I’d love to hear your suggestions. Tell me your favorite Destin area restaurants and other must see spots.