Bad Santa

Miss C asked Santa for a Bratz Kidz Ice Cream Maker Snow Village last year but strangely enough the elves ran out of them.

This year she’s still talking about the ice cream maker and since her belief in Santa lies precariously in the balance, I asked Santa to pimp, I mean, pony up. Thankfully the ice cream maker doesn’t come with a hot tub or a Bratz dude masseuse doll to help work out those sore post skiing muscles.

I don’t really have an all out ban on Bratz products, but we don’t have any Bratz dolls in the house as we’ve conveniently avoided them. I do think the Bratz dolls look like mini strippers, though, so I’m quite content that Miss C enjoys playing with her Barbies. The Barbie movies are inspiring and full of girl power and lovely classical music tracks. Barbie also has high career aspirations. She’s been a poop scooper, a veterinarian, and a teacher. The Bratz? Their claim to fame is Botoxed lips that need their own zip code, a wardrobe that is the envy of the Pussycat Dolls, and I suspect they have mad pole dancing skills.

The dilemma is Miss C is at that age where she’s going to start the downhill slippery slope to disbelief in Santa. She’s already been asking me very pointed questions about how Santa does the whole travel around the world deliver gifts to children thing and why there are different Santas on duty each year. I know how her mind works and she will be crushed if she doesn’t see the Bratz ice cream maker under the tree in a few weeks. Because her request is more about a girly ice cream maker, than a Bratz doll, I’d been leaning toward finally making her Christmas wish come true. Plus the Bratz Kidz line seems like a kinder, gentler, less sluttier version of the grown up Bratz dolls. Since there will be a halt on future Bratz, perhaps this will be an heirloom to pass on to another generation. I mean who needs another Madame Alexander doll?

Last weekend after a bedtime story we were talking about Christmas and Miss C’s eyes got wide and she said very seriously, “Mommy, you know what I want for Christmas?”

I braced myself. I knew she was going to talk about the ice cream maker. AGAIN.

“A trampoline!”

Trampoline…one word guaranteed to strike fear in the most neurotic of mothers who envisions taking her child to the ER.

That was the clincher. I couldn’t get to my laptop fast enough to bid on, and win, a Bratz Kidz ice cream maker snow village on ebay last night. Thankfully the doll that comes with it is fully clothed.

Does anyone have a number for a Bratz hit man? This doll has a lot of pressure on her to be on her best behavior, otherwise she may disappear.

1. Amy says:

This is hilarious! Bratz dude masseuse just killed me!

The ice cream maker does sould more about ice cream than Bratz. Hubs and I were just talking about those dolls and he was like “who thinks of something like that to market to little girls?!? Makes me glad we’re Star Wars all the way at my house. I’ll take Princess Leia any day.

Amys last blog post..The Future Looks Like This?

2. Jill says:

We went through the Bratz phase with our now 12-year old daughter a couple years ago. Thank the LORD she’s past it. In fact, she’s pretty much over all the dolls now – even Barbie. She has a basket of dolls in her room and the other day the 2 year old BOY got into them without me knowing it. When it was too quiet for too long, I found him in there and he’d somehow pulled the feet off two Barbies and had colored all over the Bratz face with a black crayon. Maybe I could school him in moe Bratz destruction and then send him to your house in the middle of the night to work his craft.

Jills last blog post..Shameless Self-Promotion

3. Amy says:

My 11 year old, in a fit of anger towards me, began screaming about how Santa wasn’t real, it was me, blah, blah, blah. My almost 7 year old was in the bath and heard the whole exchange. I was really concerned but he still has so much belief he was aghast that she would even say that. I know I am also on the countdown before he is a non-believer and I am so sad. And I am also very thankful that my one and only girl never even got into Barbies so Bratz were never a possibility. They give me the willies.

4. amie says:

I have just the dogs for the job- Silky the Westie & Sali the Border Collie would be more than happy to chew the botox lips and slutty eye makeup off the little bratz hussies. They work cheap & have experience, upon request I can send upics last yrs Prince Ken doll .

5. Bluegrass Mama says:

I can’t remember if we ever had an actual Bratz doll in the house for our 13 year old. We were mostly able to get by with My Scene dolls, which were a slight improvement.

I distinctly remember the year our son was on the cusp of disbelief, and in a moment of desperation I finally bought him a video game system. It was a Sega Genesis, which gives you a clue that it was a very long time ago.

Bluegrass Mamas last blog post..Good News, Bad News

6. Nissa says:

I’m determined that my daughter will never own a Bratz doll. Barbie rules. (Yeah, we’ll see how that turns out in a couple years!)

I saw your comment on Rachel’s blog about the Christmas tutu. I just posted a tutu-tutorial if you’re interested! 🙂

Nissas last blog post..Tututorial!

7. chubby chicks says:

He was supposed to grab something and meet me in the aisle, and I couldn’t find him, was trying to figure out where he went.
    Or on second thought, it looked more like she had just been busted.
    “What you be doin’ here, Doctor, I ain’t starting no trouble on your account.