If You Give A Mom A Hangover

Hubby saying goodbye to Miss C and his dad Saturday night in his parents’ front yard. I love the light.

The weather was perfect.

The bride was beautiful.

The groom was handsome.

The service was inspiring.

The reception was fun.

The music was kickin’.

The food was delicious.

The wine was flowing.

The champagne was plentiful.

The barfing was inevitable.

That’s right. I said the B word.

I can’t remember the last time I got sick from drinking. It has been years. I am a bit of a control freak and I am also a lightweight so typically I pace myself and I sip on water while drinking. I was having such a great time talking with friends Saturday night (we sat with my best friend and her husband and their three adorable boys) that I didn’t think twice about that 10 ounce white wine chaser to the couple of glasses of champagne I’d downed. I was also distracted with the serious moves on the dance floor. There was one guy that I can best describe as Funky Kenny Chesney. He looked amazingly like Kenny Chesney, only he was wearing a backwards baseball cap and channeling MC Hammer.

Back to the barfing. It was thankfully just a little “PLEEZEPULLOVERQUICKIMGOINGTOBESICK” session as we were a few miles from our house Saturday night. I felt pretty decent yesterday morning despite the bedtime pit stop (actually that and the fact that I’d eaten some pasta and bread are probably why I felt OK) and hubby and I even enjoyed a delicious brunch at 100 West here in Nashville, which I cannot recommend enough. The owner even made me a bitters and soda concoction. I love breakfast at the Cracker Barrel, but the 100 West spread makes breakfast at the Cracker Barrel look like an all you can eat buffet at a truck stop. Their cheese grits and shrimp were to die for and there was no end to the fabulous food: strawberry cream cheese filled French toast, blackened tilapia, homemade biscuits, fresh fruit, pasta salad, pastries.

Now back, once more, to the barf. I need to make a public announcement:

Dear local branch of a well-known bank…I’m so sorry your parking lot was christened by a mom who had too much fun on a rare Saturday night out. Yes it was me, your loyal customer, making a very different kind of deposit. Ahem.

Hubby and me (with my birthday purse from the girls.) I think I look a little constipated because we had about 5 minutes to get to the wedding, but I definitely look better than I did just a few hours later….BARFING in a bank parking lot.

1. rachel says:

ha ha ha ha ha. *ahem*

your letter, a riot.
    your dress, gorgeous
    your purse, super snazzy.

glad y’all had fun, even if it was a bit too much 🙂

2. Sunshine says:

Dude.
    I get that drunk about twice a year.
    And each time I say never again.
    But I don’t get out much so my brain forgets, and then I feel like ass, and I pray to the porcelain god and I’m so very sorry.
    And then I remember that I forgot my college training and I’m just not a very good lush anymore.

*sigh*

Sunshines last blog post..Football Weekend: 4th and Inches

3. Debbie says:

Ha Ha! You had me at control freak who sips water….I do that very same thing! Every now and then I forget or the hubby keeps handing me drinks and then the barf hits the fan. You look fabulous and I am going back to read more since I am a newbie here.

Debbies last blog post..A for Average

4. Amy says:

Oh, honey, I have been there. All I can say is being hungover and being a mom totally sucks. No laying in bed holding the covers over and there is nothing like two little ones jumping on your bed and screaming at each other to really get things moving quickly in your stomach. BLECH!

So much more fun when we were young! You do look smoking hot though 🙂

Amys last blog post..My First Notre Dame Game

5. bill says:

I can see it now.

The bank manager trudges in from the parking lot to see what fresh hell the gods of finance are going to foist on the bank TODAY.

“Somebody puked on us!” a teller shrieks.

The manager turns and heads back to the car. “Ah, the hell with it.”

Amy:

This is where I “was” smart. The girls were staying with my inlaws! That’s why I felt free to have so much champagne and wine (i.e. fun.) 😉

Bill:

HA!

7. Toast 2 Mom says:

I had a wedding too…and my wine was also plentiful… No barfing on this end…but I did have to put the foot on the floor to control the room from spinning. 🙂 It was a good time, though! 🙂

8. Michelle says:

I can almost guarantee that the first time I have the opportunity to drink more than 1 drink there will be barfing.

And do tell about this brunch spot (I googled and came up empty). I have to say the lack of breakfast/brunch options in the Nashville area has been a source of disappointment since we’ve moved to TN. Cracker Barrel works in a pinch but we miss breakfast options! What do you people have against breakfast?

Michelles last blog post..Bloggers and kiddos and bears – oh my!

9. Loralee says:

I am a total lightweight. Every time I have had anything to drink in my life I have gotten sick. Alcohol and I just do NOT get along.

However, I would TOTALLY get along with that completely awesome purse. Le sigh…

Loralees last blog post..Form letter. (I think that I am just going to keep copies of this in my purse.)