Jane Says

If you’re drinking wine and painting and putting up laundry and listening to music from your college days because you have the house to yourself and you suddenly feel 20 years old and bullet proof, whatever you do, DON’T crank Jane’s Addiction Been Caught Stealing unless you want your psycho old biddy dog to go completely ballistic during the dog barking part at the beginning of the song.

You’re welcome.

What was the soundtrack of your college years? I graduated in 1991 so I listened to a ton of REM, U2, Cure, Depeche Mode, Jane’s Addiction

I was a journalism major and not in a sorority (I dropped out of rush…oh the pressure!) so I hung out with a lot of the “alternative” crowd. I mean as alternative as you can get in Kentucky.

p.s. Here’s a before and after shot of the glamorous above the toilet area.

1. Jill says:

Kentucky? Where did you go to school? I graduated from University of KY in 1995. ANd as for music, I liked REM, Bad Company, Steve Miller Band, and Jimmy Buffet. Interesting mix, huh.

Jills last blog post..Go Dawgs

2. Jamie says:

Jill, I went to Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green. Go Big Red! 😉

And we listen to Buffett ALL the time now, not so much in college for me. (We especially love his older stuff.)

3. feener says:

i graduated in 90 so i had the same as you REM, Cure, some of the songs bring me right back it is scary. i was on a floor with about 10 other girls in our dorm and the night of rush we all decided, hey wait there is 10 of us – why PAY to be in a sorority when we have our own sista hood, we rocked GDI, god damn independent

feeners last blog post..Fall TV Line up…

4. Jumpin' On My Last Nerve says:

Ah yes…college days in Kentucky…I remember them well (kinda). I’m a graduate of Eastern Kentucky University so we are automatically bitter rivals.

But I remember all that music VERY well – the Cure, Depeche Mode, Jane’s Addiction, Jimmy Buffett, REM plus a little pop music thrown in for dance purposes (Janet Jackson).

Jumpin’ On My Last Nerves last blog post..The Wheels on the Bus Go Round n’ Round

5. Carrie says:

Well, I was listening to VH1 80 hours of the 80’s all weekend and I SAW the Jane Says vid! I love them so much, was at the first Lollapalooza even . . . those were the days.

BTW, I graduated high school in ’91! 😉

Carries last blog post..Portrait of a Lady

6. Beth (A Mom's Life) says:

Ohhh girl! I love me some Been Caught Stealing!

I graduated in 92 but I was on the five year plan. I listened to everything you listened to except Depeche Mode and the Cure.

I also had a Metal/Hair Band addiction so I listened to Guns N Roses, Bon Jovi, AD/DC, Whitesnake, etc.

And I loved Jimmy Buffet, Steve Miller and the Eagles. And then I started listening to Country music! I saw Garth Brooks in concert several times and was a huge Shania Twain fan.

Geez, it all sounds so cheesy when I type it out.

Now I’m just biding my time till David Cook puts out his CD.

Beth (A Mom’s Life)s last blog post..I think we have a problem.

7. Jill says:

My soundtrack was much like yours when I graduated in 1990. except….IOWA!!!!…had to have some Willie Nelson in there. Thankfully Janet Jackson had kind of gone by the wayside by then. She annoyed me. But I did love, love, love Michael (who is now 50 by the way)!

Jills last blog post..Wordless Wednesday – Mmmm, Mmmm, Good!