I’ve Got Friends In Low Places

The White Trash Mom Handbook: Embrace Your Inner Trailerpark, Forget Perfection, Resist Assimilation Into the PTA, Stay Sane, and Keep Your Sense of Humor, by THE authority on not succumbing to the muffia Michelle Lamar and co-author Molly Wendland, was released last week and I’m proud to announce that BlondeMomBlog is featured in the “White Trash Mom’s Favorite Blogs and Websites” section.

White Trash Mom was one of the first blogs I discovered. It’s a hilarious, tongue-in-cheek site that pokes fun at all those Stepford Wife, type-A PTA moms who have a coronary if they don’t have time to color coordinate their dog’s monogrammed collar with their children’s monogrammed cardigan sweaters when out for a 10-minute neighborhood stroll.

I just bought the White Trash Mom Handbook and can’t wait to sit down and read it. I’m sure it will be a great time killer while I’m stuck in the carpool lane. Buy it today (it’s on sale at Amazon for less than a 12-pack of beer) for your best girlfriend, your sister-in-law about to pop out her fourth baby, or your neighbor who kicks your butt in Bunco and shares her best party dip recipes with you.

I had a White Trash Mom moment Sunday when we were getting ready to go to dinner for my birthday. I had chosen two pretty, twirly seersucker pastel sundresses for the girls to wear, pink for Miss C and lavender for Miss A, but Miss C is going through some sort of Hannah Montana girls rock phase and declared that she was wearing something “cool.” She dressed herself and her sister in outfits I would deem as very interesting. Heck, I even played along and wore a Hannah Montana headband. I decided to let it go and focus on the wonderful dinner, rather than the fact that my children were not looking like they’d been dressed from a boutique trunk show, but, rather, the clearance rack at WalMart. Any way, you smocking addicted Southern mama take heed. Once your little girl hits a certain age, she’d rather wear sequins than smocking.

Personally I think those White Trash Mom moments are God’s way of telling you to chill out and accept the fact that your children will turn out fine if they recite Sponge Bob verbatim, eat Pop Tarts, and tell total strangers that they just passed gas (which, of course, happened Monday during Miss A’s first dental appointment.)

So, have you had a White Trash Mom moment lately?

Win a copy of the White Trash Mom Handbook this week over at Blissfully Domestic!

1. rachel says:

Amen!! Love it.

I can’t wait to get this book. Princess is currently sporting some hand me down prostitot in training pink glittery strappy shoes with hells and I’m just letting it go, it’s not worth it 🙂

2. Beth_C says:

My LIFE is a White Trash Moment, I’m a Southern Redneck so it can’t be helped.

Yesterday my little girl went out in public sporting 4 ponytails. Thank goodness we were only gong to Wal-Mart so she fit right in.

Beth_Cs last blog post..Time, please stop.

3. Pattie says:

Michelle’s book sounds like a fun read! Hmmm….a white trash mom moment…too many to count. I am one of those moms who lets her kids pick out their own outfits, much to the dismay of those in public I am sure. Their choices are “interesting” as well, especially when my daughter wants to wear her bathing suit with a sparkly tiara and soccer cleats. Who am I to judge her fashion choices? *LOL*

Patties last blog post..Gracious Sunrise

4. Jennilu says:

Here’s a White Trash Mommy Moment for you. My dear Kaylea was standing in “the” Coldwater Creek and announced VERY loudly, “Mama, I got the gutt ache!” I thought I would die. First of all, she sounds like she is breaking-out into her best Wynonna impersonation everytime she says, “Mama.” I don’t know where this came from; I have always been referred to as Mommy or Mom. Second, I don’t think we have ever used the term “gutt ache” in our house. Maybe she picked that one up by listening to Billy Ray tell the Uncle Earl stories on Hannah Montana. Yes, another reason to love Hannah Montana – tacky sparkly clothes and redneck colloquialisms.

Jennilus last blog post..Our Life In Pictures

5. Michelle Lamar says:

My little trashy heart is brimming for the nice words. Thank you so much. I’m so happy to see that there are so many of us other there…we will take over the world someday you know. It will be a lot more fun. Thanks and let me know what you think of the book.

6. Jenni says:

“the gutt ache”, hilarious!

Um, I’m pregnant with my 5th in 6 years. No other qualifications necessary.

Oh, and there’s a boat in our front yard.

7. Amy says:

White trash moments….hmmmmm…how about not having time to get to the salon, so I put tape around my head so my husband could cut my hair in a straight line, then I used color from a box. Does that qualify?

8. Liz says:

Every time I see a little girl out wearing something ridiculous, I always smile and hope that Mom didn’t fight it too hard…because Mom had no chance of winning. Ever.

I used to be friends with a girl who had a sister – not a twin, mind you, but several years younger. Their mom used to dress them the same, braid their hair the same, etc…it was quite creepy. They also weren’t allowed to sit on their beds or let someone else do their hair. I believe the oldest was 13ish.

It’s better to just let ’em rock it Wal-Mart style, I think.