Summer Unplugged

The adventure begins.

Cooling off.

Six-year-old bluff warrior, proudly sporting handmade paper headband decorated with leaves (that you can’t see in this photo, but which she lovingly chose.)

And I worried, foolishly, that she’d be bored this summer, with no school or summer camp. Such a silly mother am I. Don’t I recall having the wide expanse of summer with no Leapster, no Barbie.com, no Tivo, no Target within 10 miles? Daddy Thursdays are rocking the summer of 2008. I’m a little jealous of their weekly adventures, but I know this is father/daughter bonding at its best.

1. Deb - Mom of 3 Girls says:

Wow, if we had scenery like that nearby, it would be a lot easier to get the kids outside! One of my goals this summer is to cut down on the tv time – especially for my little tv addict, Becca. We’ll see how it goes. 🙂

2. Jen @ One Moms World says:

How neat! Since we are back in the NC mountains now, I plan to take lots of outdoor activies for my girls. I just feel like this summer has flown by though with our big move. School starts in 3.5 weeks now :(.

Love her headband too btw hehe!

Jen @ One Moms Worlds last blog post..Jen Gets World

3. Jamie says:

Trust me. The TV is on too much but I try to not automatically turn it on every morning. The girls could sit and watch Sponge Bob for three solid hours! 😉

Today the weather is rainy so I think they’re going to get pizza and go see WallE.

Jamies last blog post..Summer Unplugged

4. Ellen says:

Is that an entire forest of poison ivy in the first picture? She’s very cute, by the way, and hopefully not itching from her carefully chosen leaves.

Ellens last blog post..4th of July

5. Sharifa says:

OMG, what a fun idea. My dad and I used to have our bonding times when I was growing up. I remember I thought he was the bees knees and I was going to marry him when I grew up. LOL. Man…thanx for posting this and flooding my head with beautiful childhood memories. Now my dad and I bond over our mutual cynicism and sarcastic outlook on life 😉

6. Richie Ann says:

So, I saw that you were the no. 5 search on Google for mom boobs, so I Googled it just to see. Wow, I didn’t know there was so space dedicated to mom boobs and I’m wondering how you made the list? But, good for you!