A Little Peace and Quiet and a Whole Lot of Aleve

Mother’s Day weekend began with Miss C insisting I open her present after school on Friday. I told her I should probably wait until Sunday but she was adamant. She had made a lovely plate at school with a colorful drawing of a beautiful sun. I’d show you a picture of it, but then I’d have to hunt you down and kill you as it has her real name and school name on it. But trust me, it is something I’ll treasure forever. Yesterday she announced that I was to wear the beautiful paper corsage she’d made at school and I wore it with pride. Miss A made me a lovely card at daycare and managed to have two F5 bathroom incidents yesterday that no one else but your own mother would touch with a 10-foot pole, so I didn’t get the day totally off.

I wrenched my lower back a few days ago carrying the vacuum up the four steps from our downstairs bonus room to the kitchen while simultaneously stepping over Jack our dog, because that’s just what you do when you multi-task and are too busy to stop and think about the way your are contorting your muscles in a most unnatural fashion. I felt something twinge but then I felt OK. By Saturday evening, however, I started having considerable pain every time I sat down or stood up, which wouldn’t be any big deal if I didn’t actually have to ever SIT DOWN or STAND UP. So after Mother’s Day lunch at my mom’s house, I headed home while the hubby took the girls up to his brother’s house for dinner.

I had the house to myself for hours. After indulging in the televised inspidness that is E!, I honestly started to feel a tad guilty and brain cells started to die off so I switched to HGTV and painted my nails. If I had been feeling mobile, I would have headed out for some shopping, but I just popped some Aleve and enjoyed the rare peace and solitude.

I promised my mother lunch or dinner out this week, just the two of us, at her restaurant of choice. It’s the very least I can do, as she’s been taking care of me for nearly 39 years.

Hope all of you mamas out there had a fabulous Mother’s Day!

jamie-mama-1970.jpg

Me and my mama

(Fall or winter 1969 or 1970 and from the looks of those sweet potatoes and green beans and the glass of wine and the altitude of my mama’s hair, I’m thinking it’s around the holidays.)

1. Holly Schwendiman says:

Happy belated Mother’s Day to you too! 🙂 You’re the 3rd person I know now who threw their back out in the past couple days. That’s NO fun! Hope you’re up and running again soon.

Hugs,
    Holly

2. Pam says:

E! (as in the Entertainment Channel, not the drug) and HGTV – the only thing that could have made that Mother’s Day better, in my book, is Lifetime. Other than the back, sounds like you had a good day!

Pam’s last blog post..Sunday Funnies

For some reason I just do not care for the Lifetime channel. My husband calls it the Women in Crisis channel…ha!

But yeah, E!, HGTV, and maybe a nice big glass of wine would have been a nice addition! 😉

I’m feeling mucho better today. It dawned on me that I had also had to hold Miss A over a porta potty on Saturday at practice and that certainly did not help the back situation!

4. Nicole says:

Ah, you did your nails in the middle of the day. That means you were alone long enough not only to paint them, but to let them dry, too. So jealous! I spent my Mother’s Day changing all the dead bulbs way up in our canned lights and paying bills while the kids were at the park. It was a much needed ‘git shit done’ day. I guess my nails will have to wait until my birthday…in October.

5. https://svpply.com says:

My partner and I stumbled over here by a different web address
    and thought I might check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.
    Look forward to going over your web page again.

6. Liam says:

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.
    The sketch is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish.

nonetheless, you command get bought an impatience over that you wish be delivering the following.
    unwell unquestionably come further formerly again as exactly the same nearly very often
    inside case you shield this hike.

7. threadless.com says:

Can I simply just say what a relief to discover a person that actually knows what they are discussing online.
    You actually know how to bring a problem to light and
    make it important. More and more people ought to check this out and understand this side of your story.
    I can’t believe you are not more popular since you certainly possess the gift.

8. Lyndon says:

I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my problem.
    You’re wonderful! Thanks!