Strep, Strep Baby

Yo VIP let’s kick it

Strep, strep baby

Strep, strep baby

All right stop, collaborate and listen
Strep is back mama’s gonna start bitchin’

Sore throat grabs a hold of Miss C tightly
Keepin’ her cranky daily and nightly
Will it ever stop? Yo I don’t know
Head down to Walgreens, yeah like a pro

Strep strep baby
Strep strep my poor baby

Guess who heard Vanilla Ice on the way home from the pediatrician’s this morning and cranked it for Miss C? (Oh and for me, I’ll admit that I am a total sucker for old school dance music. Yeah I am that mom at the red light.) That song conjures up images of a particular well-gelled dark haired guy I dated in college who would crank that song, much to my amusement and mortification, while he peeled out in his sports car. I was more into INXS and U2 and Depeche Mode at the time. I dated the guy for a few weeks until he told me one Friday night a woeful tale of not having enough money to take me out to dinner, but invited me over to watch a movie at his apartment and then proceeded to show me the new cologne and shirt he’d just purchased at the mall.

So apparently it is very common for kids Miss C’s age to get back-to-back strep. Who knew? All you wise mamas out there, and the elementary school secretary and my neighbor and my mother and…well you all knew and you told me so. I had a gut feeling, too, that we were dealing with strep again. I’m going to have to toss the cute Hello Kitty battery-powered toothbrush I bought the last time we went through this. That’s what I get for investing actual money in a toothbrush and not just using the dentist freebies.

Miss C’s on a new 10-day round of antibiotics, and not as feverish or quite as “sick” this time, but she’ll have to miss her first spring soccer game of the season tomorrow morning. She has a group photo at 8:30, though, so I’m going to drive her down to the field so she can at least take part in that. A girl’s gotta keep up appearances, you know.

1. Mackmomma24 says:

You are so funny!!! We used to dance hard core to that song when we warmed up for our volleyball games! Bringin’ back the Vanilla Ice! Sorry about your poor baby! I think mine is finally over all his sickness. He stayed sick for about 2 weeks and I’m hoping it was just the weather! Good luck with Miss C…and keeping sane while watching Dora. haha

2. Bridgett says:

Eh. I never had strep as a child; my third year teaching, I had it four times in a semester, once it landed in my tonsils and I got a compromised airway…and then I had the tonsils out at Christmas and I’ve never had it since. Girls, knock on wood, are still strep free….

Bridgett’s last blog post..Pie

3. mamatulip says:

Jamie, if I were you I’d seriously consider starting an old-school hip hop group.

LOL! LOVE your skillz.

Poor Miss C. Hope it passes soon.

mamatulip’s last blog post..Kicking myself

Uh…Mama T don’t tempt me. HA! 😉

We have Sponge Bob on permanent loop this afternoon. I actually lurv me some Sponge Bob. When baby sister gets home, though, it’s ALL DORA ALL THE TIME.

5. Amy says:

Jamie- Waaaaah! I am so sorry to hear she has that again.

I do admit that I laughed at your post though. I have the Vanilla Ice CD. Maybe I need to load that on my iPod for the car? I did load up some Prince, but have to skip a few songs while the kids are in the car 🙂 Goooood times 🙂

Hang in there- I am thinking of you!

6. Pattie says:

Jamie! I didn’t know you had a hip hop side to you, girl! *LOL*

Sorry that your little one has strep again. Wow…Having it once is bad enough, but twice? Hope she is feeling better soon.

Pattie’s last blog post..Time To Go Private

7. Jennifer says:

Now that song is in my head…lol! Actually I caught part of a thing on tv yesterday about him. Man I used to love that song. I can’t beleive she got strep again. I wouldn’t have thoguht she could have gotton it back to back so I learned somrthing new. Hope she feels better soon and the pics went well.

8. Lisa says:

You are such a stud for coming up with all of those lyrics. I swear, my husband, (who has been known to lipsync the entire song when drunk – finishing it off with the worm…) would love you!!!

I hope Miss C is back to her classy & sassy ways very soon!

Lisa’s last blog post..Purse Show & Tell

9. new zealand tourism says:

Strep can be so frustrating! My daughter went through a perios where it felt like she had it every other month. I was so glad when she outgrew that!
    Wow, Vanilla Ice, that brings back memories of my Senor year!

10. Deb - Mom of 3 Girls says:

I had a feeling, but was still hoping it wasn’t another round of strep for you… Love, love the rap – I needed a good laugh today, thanks!! 🙂

Deb – Mom of 3 Girls’s last blog post..It