Spring Break Metamorphosis

Spring Break 1990

Road trip with four other girls from Bowling Green, Kentucky, to Daytona Beach, Florida, in a crammed gold Chevy Baretta that reeked of hair spritzer. Close out the trip by getting kicked out of our room at the Aztec theme beach front Days Inn for having some nice boys from Michigan in our room after midnight after being asked by security to have them leave as they weren’t hotel guests but oops they didn’t leave and then somebody emptied their drink over the balcony and the spittley remains just happened to christen one of those security guards in the head. Spend our last morning in Florida sleeping in our car in a Denny’s parking lot. This was also the trip where I got sh*t on by a seagull as I was talking to some guys and trying to be all cute in a bikini. Did I also mention it was Biker Week?

spring-break.jpg

The blogger at age 20. Same cheesie grin, but skinnier and with five times more hair volume thanks to spritz, my trusty pick, and blow dryer diffuser.

Spring Break 2008

Feel absolutely decadent for going to bed on a Sunday night without setting my bedside jumbo numbers illuminated digital alarm clock. Consider living it up today and requesting extra butter on my popcorn at the matinee of Horton Hears a Who. Thank God the girls are still at the juice box and matinee age, not the overpriced shooters and bikini contest age.

Party on spring breakers. Party on.

1. LaskiGal says:

The Duster(my HS BF had one of the NOT cool ones–but it was cool enough for us at the time), the bikini (never, ever again *sniff*), the cute boys, staying up all night for FUN. Now, my spring break will include spring cleaning, changing poopy diapers, starting Stage 2 foods, and maybe, just maybe shaving the winter coat off my pasty white legs. Was that TMI? Sorry . . . great post. Brings back memories of me before HE . . .

LaskiGal’s last blog post..A Monday Meme and Some Bloggy Love

Wow. I never did anything remotely close to that for my spring breaks and hope to pass that along to my girls. Mama doesn’t need to worry anymore than she already does. But look at how cute you are!!!

Anne’s last blog post..the talk

3. Beth_C says:

Ahhhh, I miss my perm, my spritz and my pick!

Do you think perms will ever make a come back because I love me some big 80’s hair (even though I kept mine well into the 90’s!)?

Great post! Brings back lots of memories!

Beth_C’s last blog post..Miracle Monday

4. Pattie says:

*Sigh* how things change….

I had a similar experience on Spring Break, only in Ft Lauderdale. Scandalous times, my friend.

Pattie’s last blog post..Red Rocks

5. Southern Mom says:

That was just a hoot! Picture was a great touch! I don’t care what I do Spring Break this year, just as long as I don’t have to step foot in my school or talk to any of my students. Did I just say that out loud?

I just have to add that I have some very impressive big hair on its own. I tend to try to calm it down and put straightening balm on it, etc., but underneath it all is naturally curly big rocker chick hair from the 80s. 😉

7. Amy says:

The tradition lives on here in PCB this week. We are on the 2nd floor,just above the hot tub at Edgewater. Interesting games of Truth or Dare…
    We are going to see Horton Hears a Who today as the weather predicted is rain!

8. Amy says:

How did I miss this post? AWESOME! I love your hair, but my hair would have definitely rivaled that. I have pictures, trust me, it was BIG!

Lookie at you with all your boys 🙂 So jealous! I have no fun spring breaker moments because my parents are hard core Christian and refused to let me have any fun 🙂 I was wild in college though to make up for lost time 🙂