These Boots Were Made for Bloggin’

Welcome to my party! What’s that? You’re with the 5 Minutes for Mom’s Ultimate Blog Party entourage? Awesome! Come on in!

party.jpg

I’m 38 1/2, gulp, have lived in the South my entire life, and I am a mom to two beautiful little girls who knoweth how to lay down the sass, but who also melt my heart, crack me up, and drive me crazy. Miss A turns 3 next week and Miss C is 5 going on 15. I’ve known my husband for 20 years and we’ve been married for 10. He is a hard workin’ daddy and owns a small, but growing like crazy computer services business and I work 32 hours a week, half of that from home, for a small publishing company. He is an excellent cook, whereas I am a little afraid of the kitchen. We have two full-blooded mutts, Bailey and Jack. I tend to be an airhead at times, hence the blog name. Life is sometimes a little crazy around here.

blondemom.jpg

The blogger at age 3. Note the fashionable early 1970s denim patchwork pants and the obligatory trouncing around in daddy’s work boots and the paneling. You couldn’t escape paneling back then.

Let me turn down that music so I can tell you some more riveting facts about me. I’ve never lived more than 60 miles from my hometown (one of those sleepy Southern towns where field parties, listening to Hank Williams Jr. and cruising McDonald’s were all the rage in high school). I’m afraid of heights. I’m talkative. I have naturally curly hair that I constantly tinker with. I love margaritas and the beach. Hubby and I would love to run a beach front bed and breakfast some day. We have exciting date nights where we go out to dinner, see a movie, and then pass out from exhaustion once we get home. I used to be really organized but then something happened when I had children. I’ve been blogging since 2005. I write a lot about my boobs, being a working mom, and poop (but not my own). You can also find me at Divine Caroline and Blissfully Domestic.

So, enough about me. I tend to ramble. Did I mention I talk a lot? Here, let me take your coat. Can I get you a drink?

You’ve got to try this Feta Artichoke Dip. I made it over Christmas and it’s delicious. Hey, I’ll even share the recipe with you.

Feta Artichoke Dip

1 can (14 oz.) chopped artichoke hearts, drained

1 pkg. (8 oz.) feta cheese, crumbled

1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

1 cup regular or light mayonnaise

1 clove garlic, minced

1 jar (2 oz.) diced pimientos, drained (optional, but adds a festive touch during the holidays)

Mix all ingredients. Spoon into a 9-inch pie plate or 3-cup shallow baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with assorted crackers, veggies, or pita triangles.

Before you leave don’t forget the party favors. You just need the super secret code BLONDEMOMBLOG to redeem them (very original, I know):

• Go Baby is offering 25% off to my readers at checkout.
  • American Stationery is offering 10% off at checkout (expires 12/31/08).
  • Sitter City also offers my readers 10% off registration with the code BLONDEMOM. Scroll down for the ad at the bottom of my blog.

Thanks for coming!

p.s. There are a ton of fabulous prizes up for grabs as part of 5 Minutes for Mom’s party. My choices would be a personalized lunch box for Miss C from Girl That’s Cute or one from Victoria P. Zurcher Designs, or a beautiful custom photo Bead Dangle Necklace from Elemental Memories. Mama needs some bling.

1. Michie says:

Hi! Thank you for inviting me to your party! I love the title of your blog – of course I am a blonde mom to a little girl too. 🙂 My daughter just turned 3 in February. I enjoyed your party post – I think I’ll have to poke around and maybe stay awhile. That doesn’t make me the obnoxious house guest that won’t leave, does it? 🙂

Michie’s last blog post..A Seuss-y Party in Five Easy Steps

2. krissy says:

Your awesome and we are so much alike! Seriously, I never moved 60miles from home, love the beach, talk about my boobs and poop often, etc.

You rock chicky!!! And that picture was funny! Styles do come back once in awhile ya know!

krissy’s last blog post..How about my 100th?!

Jayedee and everyone who might have trouble commenting:

Thanks for stopping by! I’m sorry about my Spam Karma program. It’s great when it works, but it works overtime and people sometimes have trouble commenting.

Any way, little known fact about me (unless you grew up with me), I had pet chickens as a child and named them all! Gertrude was the best. Sniff. She was a Rhode Island Red.

Now I’m in the ‘burbs. No chickens, except for the rooster wallpaper border in my laundry room.

4. Liz says:

Hey, glad to see partying – the artichoke dip recipe sounds lovely, thanks – I love this party and enjoy meeting new blogging friends. Although, I have been a HUGE fan of yours for…well…how old am I, now?

Anyhow.

I’m going to put my girl panties on and hope that you win the prettiful necklace…if I don’t, first!

Enjoy the rest of your week, Momma!

Liz’s last blog post..Sticky Post: Ultimate Blog Party – Get Your Blog On!

5. Michelle says:

Oh, that dip recipe looks devine! I am the only one in my home that likes feta but I can’t eat it much any more! Shoot, I might have to suffer through for this dip!! Party on!!!

6. Jennifer says:

Love the pic and the info. I’m very jealous that your hubby takes you to the movies. I’ve been with mine for 11 1/2 years and we’ve gone to THREE movies together. Last one was 4 1/2 years ago when I was pregnant with my little one. How sad, at least my girls like to go with me:)

Jennifer’s last blog post..Baby Shoes Winner…

7. Deborah says:

I’m inviting you to party with me!

Win some chocolate from my-sister-in-law and I…we blog about CHOCOLATE…me from Australia…and her from Michigan. Here’s the link: http://thechocolistas.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

What am I doing in Australia? I married an Aussie…and moved to Brisbane, leaving my family and friends and all the right-side-of-the-road drivers in America.

Win a handmade pocket place mat from my blog Comfort Joy Designs. Here’s the link:

Want to know more about life in Australia? Visit my A Cup of Joy site where I keep up with my family and friends in America. Here’s the link:

Happy Partying!

Deborah’s last blog post..AIM – El Salvador 2008

8. Brenda says:

Thanks for the party and for stopping by my party too. The feta dip is delicious. When you and your hubby finally get to open your beach B&B I will be your first customer. I could use a vacation!

~Brenda~

Brenda’s last blog post..Free Beading Programs

9. Southern Mom says:

Girl – If it’s got Feta I’m all over it! Thanks for the recipe (you know it’s not a party in The South unless someone shares a recipe). I think I’ll substitute black olives for the pimentos. Yum.

10. i-Mommy says:

Hi from a fellow “blonde mom” – great party post. I know all about the 5 going on 15 thing, I’ve got a couple of 9 year olds who think they’re 16 and 4 year old whose not far behind ’em. Oh, the joys of motherhood. 🙂

i-Mommy’s last blog post..Weekly Menu and Upcoming Plans

11. Amy says:

I have that same outfit, plus I had a matching vest! And they were not daddy’s cowboy boots but my very own goucho boots. I was very fashionable back in the seventies. 🙂

12. Candie says:

I live in the south now, although I was not born here. I would not leave my little Mayberry like town. I love knowing everyone and everyone looking out for you and your family at all times.

13. Robin Bielman says:

Hi from another blonde mom! Great blog! I’ve got naturally curly hair too – that I wish was straight, – love the beach and margaritas (strawberry, please) but unfortunately don’t have boobs worthy of talking about. lol

It’s nice to meet you! The dip is delish! Thanks!