Snow Day

Snow Day, originally uploaded by blondemom.

The girls woke up and ran to the front window, although we really just have a dusting of snow. What is it with the wimpy snow in Nashville the past few years? The last significant snow storm we had was in January 2003, when Miss C was a baby. That was the day it literally took me hours to make the 9-mile drive home from my office. Miss C has a pair of perfectly lovely Osh Kosh snow bibs hanging in her closet. And collecting dust.

Although I’m more than ready for flip flop and capris weather, it’s kind of nice for winter to have one last hurrah, even if it is kind of wimpy. At least the girls get to stay home for the day and I get to attempt to work from home this morning instead of driving in.

Pssst to my home schoolin’ peeps…do you have snow days?

1. Molly says:

We got a dusting this morning too, but I was so hoping for more! I remember that ’03 snowfall. I was teaching and had to wait until all my students left before I could go. It took me 4 hours to get from West End and 440 to Crieve Hall.

I am ready for spring too, but I just wish we could have one good snowfall.

Molly’s last blog post..Margarita Monday Leap Year

2. krissy says:

We are supposed to get more snow coming up! This makes me very unhappy! We have had enough snow days. At first it was pretty…now it’s a nuisance!

Have a good day!

krissy’s last blog post..Me, Me, Me’s

Oh how I hear you Beth. Loud and clear. I am SO white. I may buy some self tanner. I just don’t really tan very well. I freckle, however, excellently! I’m also ready to open all the windows, grill without running back into the house to escape the freezing cold, and hit the pool.

Muffin top or not, here I come! 😉

4. Holly Schwendiman says:

Enjoy the day! Completely off topic…I’m surprised at how much I like the color of your wall in this photo – it’s not one of my favorites but it looks stunning in the photo!! 🙂

Hugs,
    Holly

5. kacey says:

I was so sick of winter and snow and ice that I ran away from home…well, went out to visit my parents in California. . . It’s sunny, warm, and full of color here! I may never go back home…

kacey’s last blog post..Simple Things in Life

Holly:

Thanks…I have a love/hate relationship with that wall color. It looks like a Commodore Vandy room (Vanderbilt University here has that old gold as a color.) I’ve thought about changing it to a dark sage green but seven years later the gold is still up! 😉

7. Jennifer says:

Ya, don’t talk to me about snow. If I were to wander out into my front yard, no one would find me till spring.

I love her little nightgown!

8. Jill says:

I’d love a snow day here…I really would. Just one would suffice. We haven’t had anything significant for a couple years, either. My family in Iowa, on the other hand, seems to have at least one snow day a week this winter. They’d give anything for our ATL weather, I’m sure.

Jill’s last blog post..Truth or Consequences

9. Bluegrass Mama says:

I think we’ve missed six days of school so far this year, but most were for ice and/or power outages. Not a decent snow yet!

Bluegrass Mama’s last blog post..Ice Age

10. Amy says:

I am so tired of snow, it isn’t even funny. It won’t stop snowing here and the flakes that are coming down right now are incredible. It is great to look at out the window, but I am tired of driving in it and wearing ugly shoes 🙂