Thongs That Kill

I was feeling run down Friday night and yesterday morning, sure enough, I woke up feeling downright horrible with a 102 degree fever.

Did you know the Murphy’s Law of marital romance states if a Victoria’s Secret package crosses your threshold that someone will start hacking or sneezing within the next 24 hours? The hubby came down with a cold just in time for Valentine’s Day, and now I have some sort of heinous crud, which I hope is not the flu but I really hope is not pneumonia because I’ve been there, done that, thank you very much and it’s not fun. I’m not sure which is the lesser of two evils, so hopefully I just have a random last hurrah of winter/three-day weekend/your kids are cooped up and flying around the house like rabid monkies virus with a fever and horrible headache. Because if you’re going to be sick, you might as well do it up right!

Thankfully the hubby and Miss C picked out a lovely G-rated bottle of lotion at Macy’s for Valentine’s Day that I’m enjoying, because my new lingerie is collecting dust and the only small lacy thing I want near my body is a handkerchief.

Ladies, if you are currently engaged or just dating, make sure you marry the kind of man who will take the kids out for the day while you are sick. Hubby took the girls out to lunch and to the mall and video store. Wouldn’t you know they are saying we still have this DVD, but I clearly remember dropping if off in the return box and doing a little happy dance. If we end up paying for that movie? I will weep.

I’m overjoyed to report that Miss A happilly complied at daycare and washed her hands all day Friday, because honestly a sick mama weekend begs for some TV and DVD time and I would have been up a creek without a remote had she not been able to watch TV. When I told her how proud I was of her and heaped on the praise, she looked at me and said, “I TOLD YOU Mommy!” This was immediately followed by the command, “I WATCH TV!” Unfortunately she sh*t in her pants right before the hubby picked her up, but I didn’t pray for her to be accident free now did I?

1. kacey says:

LOL, well, hope you feel better. And you’re right, the best advice you can give to anyone who is dating is find a man who doesn’t call it “babysitting” when he’s taking care of his own kids! And if you can find a man who cooks, so much the better!

kacey’s last blog post..Black and White Challenge

2. Jacki says:

I am amazed that you found something sexy from Victoria’s Secret! I just got their swimsuit issue and it was definitely geared towards college girls.

That is a HUGE pet peeve of mine…husbands who “babysit” their own kids. Where did that term even come from????

Jacki’s last blog post..Aloha Friday — Birthday Edition

Thank you all. I am about 99 percent sure I have the good ole flu…fever, chills, dry cough, headache, generally feeling poopy.

I just took a shower, though, and maybe I will actually feel like eating something for dinner. That would be a bonus!

4. krissy says:

Oh man, I hear ya! I was sick Valentines night with a massive headache! If a wash cloth over my eyes and a heating pad on my neck looks romantic…I would have been in trouble. Thankfully my hubby doesn’t find that and my comfy pj’s desirable so I was able to weep without being hounded!!!!

Hope you feel better!!!!

krissy’s last blog post..Birthdays and rollerskating and boobage….oh my!

5. Amy says:

Evan was sick Tuesday with the stomach bug, Aaron was sick Thursday. I put them upstairs in the bonus room and would enter in a cloud of Lysol! HA! Now they both have colds or sinus going on. Cameron has avoided it all so far and so have Brian and I. I have bleached and Lysoled everything…dog and cats included if they were in the line of fire! I hope you get to feeling better soon! Cameron and I are ready for the big boys to go back to school, they are messing with our routine! hee hee.

6. zoe says:

ugh. Last week my husband and I rented a movie (which we argue with ourselves before doing every time because we are so bad at returning them) and it was due back before midnight the next day. well, the next day there was a storm, and the store closed early, and we returned the movie at like, 7:30 or 8. The store was already closed. (and it wasnt even storming yet, by the way) well didn’t we get a late charge? It was totally unfair. When we disputed it, the guy looked at us like “yeah SURE you returned it on time”. ugh.