Skater Girl

Skater Girl, originally uploaded by blondemom.

Miss C attended her first roller skating party last Saturday. She looks very happy in this picture, but earlier there was a bit of angst in the rink. She was frustrated but she stuck with it and soon was telling me to back off. That’s my girl! I was just sorely disappointed in losing the music trivia question, which was obviously set up for the parents. I mean who doesn’t remember who sang “You Dropped the Bomb on Me?”

Her friend’s dad is one of those cool creative types and he designed custom High School Musical t-shirts for all of the girls. We didn’t need another bag of random plastic treats, that’s for sure!

I was a total wimp and did not put on skates. It’s been at least 20 years and I never was good at it as a kid. (Picture a klutz and you’ll see me plain as day.) I knew if the two of us were flailing around, someone would be leaving on a gurney.

I’m proud of you Miss C. You didn’t quit.

1. melissa says:

my kids hate rollerskating…because they get frustrated. in my opinion, they gave up too quickly but…oh well. roller skating was the big thing, when i was growing up!! i love it!!

2. Pattie says:

Was it the Gap Band that sang that song?

Ahh….rollerskating. I used to go every Friday night in middle school. Brings back some memories.

Miss C looks so cute! Glad she stuck with it and didn’t get up. Perseverence….very important quality.

Pattie’s last blog post..Therapy

3. Amy says:

I was the bomb, more years ago than I want to remember, when it came to skating. And I am sure that I would now just bomb. But it was so fun, I wish we had a roller-skating rink nearby. 🙁

Pattie:

Yes! The Gap Band it is.

And Richie Ann, she actually looks just LIKE my husband. We have the same brown eyes, though, and chin. I got my dad’s nose. Miss C has the cute perky nose from her dad. 😉

5. Bill says:

Me, too — and I don’t even KNOW her… but I know what its like to bring a kid to that kind of event. Good going. Oh, and the non-skating decision? It’s not wimping. It’s being smart. Trust me on this.

6. Jennifer says:

That song was one of the best songs to skate to. I worked at a skating rink for 2 1/2 years so I have skated to that at least a few hundred times…lol! I took Miss K to the skating rink for the 1st time over the summer (my 1st time on skates in over 8 years) so I was nervous. She finally gave up after an hour and wanted to go home:) Once Miss C gets the hang of it she’ll have fun.

Jennifer’s last blog post..Bloggy Winner

7. OHmommy says:

Way to go for not giving up, skater girl!!! You are adorable.

OHmommy’s last blog post..The WHAT IFS in life…

8. selfmademom says:

It’s funny, I was just telling my friend last weekend how fun it would be to go roller skating. I haven’t been since I was your daughter’s age! 🙂

selfmademom’s last blog post..Relax, don?t do it

9. Amy says:

I was what people called a “wallflower” I literally hung to the wall for dear life. I hated roller skating- I was so bad at it.