Randomness on Cleavage, the Super Bowl, and Sex in the City

I am holding the irresistibly cute Miss A, who is as fidgety as Carrie Bradshaw in a room full of Manolo Blahniks, while wearing a v-neck pajama top that reveals just a bit of cleavage (remember, I’ve breastfed two babies and had a lumpectomy so the cleavage factor is fair to middlin’ as my daddy would say.). She plows both her hands down my shirt front and starts fishing around, as if to find the TV remote or a chocolate chip cookie.

“Miss A, what are you lookin’ for?” I ask, tickling her so that she’ll release me from her probing hands.

“BUTTER!”

Speaking of Carrie Bradshaw, have you seen the Sex in the City movie trailer? (Hat tip: Uncommon Blonde.) I can’t wait!

How’s that for a segue from one totally unrelated topic to another? Sarah Jessica Parker does not invoke images of butter.

And now to change the subject from my boobs and Sex in the City to something on everyone’s minds– football. What a game! I’m not a huge football fan, but last night’s ending was incredible. I also loved the commercials. My favorites were the Budweiser “Rocky” Clydesdale commercial, Bridgestone’s screaming squirrel, the Will Ferrell Bud Light spot, the Coca Cola Macy’s ad, the Planter’s peanut spot, and the Diet Pepsi Max commercial with Chris Kattan.

I had an appointment to get my teeth cleaned this morning and my new dental hygienist went to school with Eli Manning at Ole Miss. She also attended a Super Bowl party with our daycare owner. This is just a testament to the fact that everyone in the South knows everyone else, or at least went to school with one of the Manning brothers.

1. Bluegrass Mama says:

Maybe you’re still too close to the baby phase of life, but my favorites were the E-trade ones with the baby, especially the clown one. And while I didn’t go to school with any Mannings (at least not the football family ones), I was rooting hard for the Giants. What a game!

Bluegrass Mama’s last blog post..Super Bowl Crisis

You know…I missed several commercials due to running back and checking on the girls. They watched DVDs in Miss C’s room on our portable DVD player. I’ll have to check those out!

3. michelle says:

I’m SOOO EXCITED for the SATC movie too! I TOTALLY miss that show and frequently find myself watching the reruns or popping in a dvd of the show!

I’m glad you posted the link to commercials because I missed some of them!

That last part about the Manning’s made me giggle. hehe

michelle’s last blog post..Weigh-In and Weekend Photo Fun!

4. Lisa says:

That was a great game. We were at someone’s house & most of the other women weren’t big football fans, so it was killing me! Glad the Giants won though. Nothing like a good upset!

Lisa’s last blog post..Not fair

5. Loralee says:

Butter, huh?

My husband tried that one on me just last night.

(It worked.)

Hee.

Loralee’s last blog post..Sideblog: I heart Oreos

6. Southern Mom says:

I saw the SATC trailer when I went to see 27 Dresses. The crowd of women in the theater collectively gasped when it came on.

I totally :heart: you for that last paragraph!

@Loralee: My hubby must have talked to your hubby because he tried that trick last night, too. (and it worked, too) 🙂

7. heather says:

Butter? I’ve plenty of other things land in my cleavage, but not butter? Popcorn, check. Cinnamon, check.

We’re not Giants fans, just anti-fans of the Patriots, so we were also very happy with the game. I actually had someone google “Tom Brady sore loser” and find my blog. Yeah, I trash talk Brady on my mommy blog. So cool.

heather’s last blog post..More of Him Monday

8. Rachel Tide says:

For this year’s Superbowl parties, I think we need to take a previous Superbowl commercial into consideration; Tide-to-go “Talking Stain” Ad. As everyone jumps around cheering on the teams, drinks and food are bound to be spilled all over! To keep our homes and our friends clean (and maintaining good impressions), might I suggest having Tide-to-go pens at the party?

On behalf of Tide, I’d like everyone to know that Tide is offering a coupon at Tidetogo.com (stock up and be the “Hero” at the party!)

Also, if you loved the “Talking Stain” commercial, you can vote for it to be named the top Superbowl commercial on CBS.com There will be a show revealing the top choice on Jan 31, 2009. Vote here: http://www.cbs.com/collections/superbowl/index.php?week=1 (Then at 8p.m. ET, watch the show and vote live to pick between the top 3!)