You Are Getting Very, Very Smelly, I Mean Sleepy

Miss A is notorious lately for staying up later than big sister. I had to use my mean mommy voice the other night as the clock creeped closer and closer to 9 after her bedtime story and she showed no signs of getting sleepy. After telling her to lay down and handing her a book, she protested loudly and I shut the door. Enough of you sassy girl!

I went in the kitchen to prepare for the next day, making coffee, making Miss C’s lunch, writing a check for milk money, etc. Miss A quit kicking the wall with her footie PJ clad feet as she routinely does as she is winding down ticked off at mama and it seemed eerily quiet. Something was rotten in Denmark, I just knew it.

I went in to find her stripped out of her footed fleece PJs and wearing nothing but a generic Pull Up, her favorite flannel gown in her hand and surrounded by the contents of a small plastic storage box I keep in her closet (apparently not high up enough) as if she had flung everything willy nilly while looking for something very important, like chocolate or tequila.

She had broken into the Vicks Vaporub and had been slathering it all over her chest. And arms. And legs.

I have to say she was pretty darn proud of herself.

1. Kolleen says:

I bet she had a clear nose though. LOL. When one of my little guys was two he escaped his bed and went into our bedroom and poured an entire bottle of men’s cologne all over the floor. The smell didn’t come out until we moved. LOL.

Kolleen’s last blog post..Who Invented Legos?

2. Southern Mom says:

She was one busy little girl! She’ll show you that she doesn’t go to bed until she WANTS to!

Do you have leak out problems with the generic pullups? We have been here lately, and moving up a size makes it worse!

3. Jenni says:

So did you laugh or cry?

My daughter rubbed a huge tub of vaseline on the back window of my Suburban last week. I didn’t laugh or cry. I screamed!

4. Alli ~Mrs. Fussypants says:

I am confused by this. Must be a girl thing. The boys would’ve peed on the floor. Oh, wait, that’s what the dig would do.

Either way…

Alli ~Mrs. Fussypants’s last blog post..Fussy’s Fight the Frump -SNL Style

5. Traci says:

Do we have the same kid? Mine can strip her clothes off faster than a sorority girl on Spring Break. She too, also likes to mess with the Vicks. Ever try to get it out of hair? Yup. That is fun.

6. Bluegrass Mama says:

It took me a long time to concede that our daughter actually needed less sleep than our son had at the same age. She was notorious for completely stripping both her crib and herself when she was about 18 months old.

Bluegrass Mama’s last blog post..Pajama Day

7. Jamie says:

Thank God she did not get it anywhere near her hair. Her hair, when wet, is almost to her waist now!

Yeah that would have had me crying, not laughing.

She is obsessed with wearing this one particular pink flannel gown from my mom and scoffs at the footie PJs, even when it is 10 degrees out.

Jamie’s last blog post..You Are Getting Very, Very Smelly, I Mean Sleepy

8. angie says:

okay…that is sooo funny. bless her…loved the comments. i laughed and read them out loud to my 8 year old…except for the sorority girl…only read to my husband

angie’s last blog post..Kelly’s Kids

9. mayberry says:

My younger one is a night owl too — always up to all kinds of shenanigans while his sister sleeps through it. He will turn the light on right in her face, make all kinds of noise … she’s still snoring. It’s amazing. But thankfully, he has yet to attack her with Vick’s.

mayberry’s last blog post..Can’t … post … brain … frozen

10. Shannanb aka Mommy Bits says:

Oh No. It’s funny. They can’t be quiet while your trying to talk on the phone, or when you are trying to have a conversation with another grown up, but we know it’s possible because of the rucusses they can cause when left alone….lol

Shannanb aka Mommy Bits’s last blog post..Delicious Rewards~

11. Mrs. Schmitty says:

Isn’t it funny how we know the difference between “quiet” and “oh oh that’s not good quiet”? It’s that mommy instinct.

She must have smelled pretty after the vaporub. At least her sinuses were clear!

Mrs. Schmitty’s last blog post..A Needle In A Haystack

12. Loralee says:

Quiet is NEVER a good thing at my house. I inevitably find disaster!

That smell must have been SOMETHING.

Loralee’s last blog post..Dude. Cops must totally LOVE pulling ME over.

13. Amy says:

Oh my goodness! What a hoot! That Vicks stuff never leaves ya either. You can smell like that for days 🙂

Thanks for the laugh!

14. kailani says:

I hear you! Lately, Baby Bug has been falling asleep at around 11pm! On the bright side, she sleeps in till late in the morning!

kailani’s last blog post..Keep An Eye On Your Children

15. Leslie Swan says:

Kids do the craziest things and are so proud of themselves for doing it. Your blog is very funny and oh-so true. I look forward to entering your fun snow days contests!

16. Pattie says:

OMG! That must have been a bit smelly to say the least. Although, it suppose it could have been worse….she could have chosen some Ben Gay instead, right? *LOL*

Pattie’s last blog post..The Great Escape