I See London, I See France, I See Size 2 Underpants

We are on the brink of entering a phase of parenting known as Diaper Free Nirvana.

All I can say is Thank You Dear God For The Honor of Having My Child Finally Take Not One, But Two, Glorious, Substantial, Worthy of Several Flushes, Poops in the Potty In One Night!

It’s a national holiday!

But seriously, a few weeks ago I decided that the only thing holding Miss A back from showcasing her cute little tushy in a pair of size 2 Dora cotton briefs was me. That’s right ya’ll. I’m lazy. I mean potty training is a lot of damn work. Have you tried it? I thought trying to housebreak an extremely neurotic puppy ten years ago was bad.

Any way, all of Miss A’s friends at school “were doing it” and honestly this is one of those times when sheer, unbridled peer pressure rocks. Miss A’s teacher was on board and can I just add that daycare teachers who double as potty training Nazis and march your kid to the potty every hour like clockwork are a blessing indeed. I packed a little bag with a change of clothes and two spare pairs of panties and dropped off Miss A at daycare sporting big girl britches. I was a little concerned. Would she do OK? Would she protest? Would she have an accident and be embarassed?

She hasn’t had one single solitary accident…at school any way.

Apparently she saves up all of her mighty poo poo powers for mama. I must have some sort of tushtastic wiping technique that parallels no other. I’ve been trying to keep a close eye on her, knowing that the stealth poop is going to happen, but inevitably I’ll get distracted and find her hiding in a corner and concentrating on filling her underwear.

Now at naptime and bedtime she still wears a Pull Up, but we’re definitely making strides.

Last night after dinner, pretty much out of the blue so I can’t really tell you what the heck inspired her, she walked toward the bathroom and announced she was going to poop in the potty.

When the deed (actually deeds) were done, we all shouted, laughed, high-fived, danced, and mama broke out the Dum Dum suckers left over from Halloween. I think the dogs were even impressed.

Houston, we have a poo poo.

potty.jpg

1. Jennifer says:

Yay! Trust me once you are done with diapers life is so sweet. Below are a few links to my must have potty training objects. Even though my youngest has been trained for almost two years I still use the bed sheet protector. I also use a vinyl mattress cover (one that the whole mattress slides into and zip on the end). I use it on my almost 6 year old’s bed too just in case of that or any kind of sickness. Only warning with them is if she misses the other protector pad since it’s vinyl under her fitted sheet pee goes everywhere, but at least the mattress doesn’t get wet. I’d rather do wash then has a unine soaked mattress…yuck! Good luck!

(can fit easily in your stroller. I always keep it in the car in case we go somewhere without a potty. I get travel size Charmin toliet paper which has like 20 sheets. Also instead of buying refills use heavy duty maxi pads inside those mini diaper trash bags with the handles)

http://store.babycenter.com/product/code/7086.do (also good to lay on top of pillow if you child is throwing up to help on mess clean up)

http://store.babycenter.com/product/code/17743.do (I didn’t use these, I think I used Gerber, but they were nice in that if your child has an accident the cotton absorbs some of it, so it’s not as messy to clean up.)

http://store.babycenter.com/product/kiddopotamus+piddlepad.do?search=basic&keyword=piddle+pad&sortby=shortdesc&asc=true&page=1 (Bought these and rarely used them, but if your child had a lot of accident it’d be worth getting)

Jennifer’s last blog post..New Look

2. Alli ~Mrs. Fussypants says:

Size 2? Dude. We don’t see big-boy-underwear til size 4 or 5.

I only have, hmmm, 4 more years to go with baby coming in May!

~gags~

Alli ~Mrs. Fussypants’s last blog post..Fussy’s Dream Comes True!

3. Jenni says:

Yeah for you! I too was in no-diaper heaven after 68 straight months of diapers.

Then I had a new baby 6 short weeks later. But those 6 weeks were heaven!

4. Richie Ann says:

Funny you should mention this again as I’ve just begun the odyssey of potty training and am in desperate need of help. I’ll be talking about this this afternoon if anyone would like to help. I’m going to look at every single link Jennifer provided. Thank you Jennifer … you are a potty training mommy’s lifesaver.

5. Jennifer says:

Ann-No problem. If you have a girl and are a germ nut like me I used to carry one of those folding potty seats so when we’d be at the mall I could put it on the toliet. Plus the hole is much smaller and mine had handles so my girls were touching those yucky toliets. Now we just use dispoable toliet seat covers or toliet paper. Good luck!

Jennifer’s last blog post..New Look

6. Amy says:

I still, at the ripe age of 6 (him not me) am the only poop wiper in our house. Mine does save it for me. But since he was 4 when it finally happened I am okay with it. Congrats! Now you can spend the millions on something fun for you. Haha!

7. Kolleen says:

Congratulations!!!! D free day is the best! Not only is it easier for you, but the garbage man will probably appreciate the fact that there will be less garbage being put out on garbage day 🙂

Kolleen’s last blog post..Who Invented Legos?

8. Queen of the Mayhem says:

Potty training was the bane of my existence with both of my children.

Junior Mayhem is 4 and stills acts as though he doesn’t want to poop in the potty! FOOLISH BOY! 🙂

I am with you on the lazy thing….I am the award winning mother who put off potty training so JM would still be in pullups for our trip to DisneyWorld!

Try not to be jealous of my great mothering skillz!

Congrats to the panty gal! 🙂

Queen of the Mayhem’s last blog post..Ain’t That a B!

9. Mari Ickes says:

Super Yay! I’m lazy too-I don’t have the luxury of daycare teacher training my daughter, so there you have it–still in diapers!
    I keep thinking I’ll get more organized. She’s peed in the toilet once. Once.
    I’m inspired, though. Maybe I’ll get the Dora panties out again. Or…My Little Pony. Apparently Santa is ready to get rid of diapers too!!

Mari Ickes’s last blog post..I Killed the Crab

10. Rachel says:

Congratulations! That’s huge (no pun intended)
    Woo Hoo for Miss thing!
    I remember those days, and oh joy… I have them to look forward to again, in another year 🙂 🙁

Congratulations to both of you! “Tushtastic wiping technique” indeed 🙂 *giggle*

Rachel’s last blog post..Haiku Friday

Jacki:

Imagine how stupid I feel writing on the Internet about how excited I was over her pooping. 😉

12. Lisa says:

WOW! Congrats!!! What are you going to do with all that extra diaper money???

PS – Saw those Dora slippers at Claires yesterday & thought of you 😉

Lisa’s last blog post..Tomorrow…

13. killlashandra says:

I’ve already written about my own trials and tribulations of potty training my two year old at my blog. However, I do agree it is hard work! And no one really wants to do it, really. I’m glad a little peer pressure paid off and now she’s interested. I hope she keeps up all the good work.

killlashandra’s last blog post..Healthy Chocolate Goodies

14. krissy says:

All the power to the poopy girl!!! Well, as long as it isn’t on Dora!!!

I remember potty traing which was a shock to me. My Diva is 10yrs old and I think I totally tried blocking out the trying to pull off a pair of undies that were full of “mud”. Ack! Or the dreaded hosing down everything within a meter distance because it all had a magnetic attraction to the poop when trying to get the “crapped in roos” off!

You go Momma!!!

krissy’s last blog post..Ode to Old Man Winter!!!

15. Mrs. Flinger says:

Also jealous here. But I can’t hate you for it. Y’all started MUCH earlier. Darnit!

Mrs. Flinger’s last blog post..Heather

16. youarekiddingme says:

I’m working on my little guy now and am SO waiting for this glorious day! He happily announces that he has a “poopy diaper” but will not sit on that potty to do it!
    Good for you!

youarekiddingme’s last blog post..R.I.P. My Sofa

17. Kris says:

We just got our 3 year old “completely” potty trained. It was a race to get her trained before school started in September. It’s amazing all the bumps in the road it takes. Only parents can understand the challenge which causes use to strangely enjoy taking about pooping! 🙂
    .-= Kris´s last blog ..Microscopic Vasectomy Reversal =-.