Never Too Early to Pinpoint One’s Career

Dramatic dialogue rules when Miss C plays with her My Little Pony slash Littlest Pet Shop menagerie, each of which comes with 9.2 million tiny plastic hair brushes, doggy treats, hair accessories, and other microscopic doohickies that I find wedged in the berber carpet, discarded under the sofa, and stuck between my bare toes. (#$@%$&)

Yes, we are the veritable melting pot of toys. We welcome ponies of all color as well as bobble-headed dogs, cats, hamsters, and even a frog.

What can I say? We are an equal opportunity plastic toy household.

Mind you, Miss C does all of her imaginative toy dialogue in various character voices. This is just a snippet of what I overheard this weekend:

“Dang it, I’m dead.”

“No you’re not, you’re a pony!”

“It’s ROBOT PONY!”

“I’m scared!”

Maybe she has a future as a soap opera screenwriter?

p.s. Here’s a tip for you. If the Biggest Littlest Pet Shop toy set that Santa brought seems to have a faulty carousel (perhaps Santa dropped it from his sleigh?), leave it to your 5-year-old to discover that one of the 500 plastic twist ties that mama and daddy had to saw through with a machete was left uncut. File this under engineering as an alternate career path.

1. Lisa says:

I swear my girls try to make it look like a plastic toy explosion happens at my house at least fifteen times daily. My favorite though is when Goosey says she “doesn’t think she can clean it up”. I’ve brought Bitchy Mommy out lately…letting her know if she doesn’t clean it up we’ll give the toys to some sweet child that will! Am I mean, or what?
    Enjoy pony land!

Lisa’s last blog post..My best friend…

Lisa:

My inner Bitchy Mommy has threatened to throw away toys that are not picked up. Bitchy Mommy has also used the microwave timer as a motivator to pick up. I’ve also resorted to the Barney Clean Up song one too many times (but hey, it works!)

We have a big hot pink plastic basket for the My Little Pony gear and Miss C is actually pretty good about picking that stuff up. But really, does every toy that enters our home need its own freaking hair brush?

Jamie

Blonde Mom’s last blog post..Never Too Early to Pinpoint One?s Career

3. Pattie says:

Those twist ties are right up there with the wire ties and the krypotonite plastic containers that these gazillion piece toy sets are wrapped in….

Pattie’s last blog post..More Proof….

4. Kellan says:

I hate to admit it – but I love me some soap operas! This was so cute – aren’t they adorable?

I’m Kellan BTW – very nice to meet you. Take care.

5. Jacki says:

Ah yes….little plastic toys. My daughter has exactly 44 My Little Ponies (I counted), the pony castle and several other assessories. And my parents got her started on the Little Pet Shop this Christmas, so now we have a dozen little pets.

And she is only 3!

But I love listening to the conversations. She usually mimics what she and I talk about.

Jacki’s last blog post..Have Luggage, Will Travel

6. Rachel says:

Giggling hysterically.

We have a doll that has seventeenhundred and eleventy two little hairbrush, toy accessories and what not that I am constantly crushing beneath my “huge” feet (her word).

This was funny. She’s going to be the first dramatic engineering author actress producer, right.

Rachel’s last blog post..Chocolate, Cheetos and Cheesy Pleas