L’eggo My Eggo, Er, Vera Bradley

A big thanks to Debunot for the wonderful box of goodies I got in the mail yesterday as part of her Christmas gift exchange!

The box contained some cookies, a pink koozie, and this little gem:

vera.jpg

I now have an excuse to buy the matching bag! I ditched my diaper bag a long time ago, despite the fact that we’re still not in potty training nirvana. A mother can dream, can’t she?

Miss C helped open the box and grabbed this little goody immediately and said, “OH I want that!”

Hands off shortie. This is mama’s. I kind of miss the days she was mesmerized with torn boxes, cheap bows, and tissue paper.

I’ve been doing some last-minute shopping today in the pouring down rain. There’s something about 50 degree rainy weather that is not very festive. The last Santa present has been purchased by his lovely assistant–she drives a Pathfinder, not a sleigh, to assure she can maneuver through the traffic. Santa’s assistant has been to two different WalMart stores since yesterday (damn she’s dedicated or an idiot or stubborn or all three) to find the Biggest Littlest Pet Shop set only to leave empty handed and head for Target, which is where she probably should have gone in the first place.

1. Holly Schwendiman says:

I lucked out on the pet shop this year as my daughter’s friend offloaded her entire set to my daughter so she now has twice as much as before! Here’s hoping for some more festive weather for you by Santa time. 🙂

Hugs,
    Holly

2. Jacki says:

I agree….this time of year the only precipitation falling from the sky should be snow. I hate 50-degree weather and rain.

Emma is enthralled with My Little Pony’s and such, but my parents just got her that huge Littlest Pet Condo thingee…along with about 20 of those little pets….so now we will have 50 “Littlest Pet Shop” pets to go along with the 40 (yes, 40) My Little Pony’s.

Jacki’s last blog post..Great Last Minute Gift Ideas

Jacki:

My Little Pony is big here, too. Miss C has the castle from two Christmases ago and hot pink basket full of ponies. Rumor has it that Santa is bringing the baby Sky Wishes (I think that’s her name) for under the tree! 😉

4. Lisa says:

Repeat after me….50 and rain beats the hell out of 25 and ice any day!!!
    Goosey asked Santa for a “sleep baby”. It took me weeks to figure out just what a sleep baby was, and by the time I did they were out of them everywhere. I ended up resorting to buying it on ebay and paying crazy shipping fees. That smile on Christmas morning better be good!!!

Lisa’s last blog post..It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…

Lisa:

You’re right on the weather…I hate ice storms!

I used to LOVE ebay but now the shipping fees will kill you! I lucked up and found a My Little Pony “baby” pony on sale for $9 on Amazon Sunday (Target still had it for $29.99 in the stores.) Thankfully it shipped and I got it and another toy yesterday for, uh, Santa. But the Barbie Island Princess DVD I ordered has yet to arrive.

Blonde Mom’s last blog post..L?eggo My Eggo, Er, Vera Bradley

6. rachel says:

That is adorable!! OOOOHHH shiny sparkles pretty pink… I want one too.
    Wow, great gift!!

Umm… shhhhhhhhhh… don’t tell. I’m not shopping until Sunday. It’s the only day DH could watch the kids.
    I may need someone to call out the SWAT or send me a case of red wine.
    🙂

rachel’s last blog post..Haiku Friday (my first)

7. Amy says:

We got dumped on last night. About 8-12 inches of snow. I got spirit coming out my wazzo. I, thankfully, have my shopping done. Except for the fruit for the stockings.

8. Jessica says:

Well, if it’s winter weather you want, you can come to Iowa, but you’d better hurry as we’re supposed to get a doozy of a storm by tomorrow afternoon!

You blog hilariously! Thanks!

9. Vera Bradley says:

im a big fan of vera bradley the way she started as an ordinary designer to multi national icon og designs. i admire him because of the contribution he made from our country.

10. bleach says:

It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d certainly donate to this outstanding blog! I guess for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates and will talk about this site with my Facebook group. Chat soon!