Life Pretty Much Revolves Around Poop and Soccer

If one more person asks me if Miss A, at nearly 32 months old, is potty trained yet, I’m going to get a t-shirt printed for her that says:

“Still Shitting in My Pants and Loving It!”

Miss C was potty trained at 33 months. I only remember this (I am notoriously bad about forgetting dates and times and I can’t remember the last time I entered anything in an official baby book) because that’s how old she was when Miss A was born and I was bound and determined to have Miss C out of diapers by the time baby sister arrived. I’ve been admittedly lax on the potty training with Miss A, but her daycare teacher is working with her. She’ll go at home if enticed with jelly beans or M&Ms and wouldn’t you know she requested “I GO POTTY!” at the soccer fields this morning. You know, when the only available toilet was a porta potty. We let that request slide. Plus it was 40-something degrees outside.

All kidding aside, it’s been a great morning. Miss C had her last soccer game of the fall season. It was bright and early (and cold) at 8 a.m., her team won, and she scored two goals in a row. Go Miss C! Maybe it was her lucky haircut?

1. Colleen says:

Oh, we’re so with you on this one. My girl’s nearly the exact same age as Miss A and we take one step forward and about five steps back on the potty thing. I’m being pressured by her preschool teachers to get her trained. She’s in an “older 2s” class but she’s the youngest one there so it’s tough. I really think she’s just not ready.

I would love to have her trained before baby #2 comes in late December. I pray for that nearly every day. Buying diapers in two different sizes is not my idea of fun.

2. Kolleen says:

I love the idea for the shirt, I laughed my coffee up my nose. LOL.

I can’t really give you any advice, both my boys trained really early (18 months) and really easy. I think God (who must be a woman by the way lol)thought “hey, we gave her twins who hated to breast feed, let’s give her a pass on this one”.

Good luck!

3. JustBreatheMom says:

Great story. Potty training is another one of those guilt-ridden jobs that moms can never seem to get right in the eyes of another mom. I love your idea for a t-shirt. Unfortunately, once you start cussing you put yourself back in the line of fire of militant moms. Oh well, to hell with them. Oops, and I guess to hell with me. Great blog.

4. Rachel says:

Absolutely had to be the lucky haircut! I mean… really! LOL!
    Okay, please make that shirt, or onesie… you would sell them like crazy! That is absolutely hysterical!
    Thanks so much for the laugh!!!

5. Emily says:

Jackson’s just now finally getting the whole poop-in-the-potty thing down and I still have to watch him or he’ll go in his underwear. But he’s much better about it – stickers did the trick with him. He’s about 42 mos. (3.5 yo) so I’m so happy about it. Now I get a wee break then we get to do this all over again with Tucker…

6. Amy says:

Honey Bear will be the third child I potty train. I now know (here comes the wisdom): they will do it when they are ready. I now tell people, bug off, he’s not ready.