Enough Energy to Generate Power for a Small Carribbean Island

Miss A has been waking up at the ungodly hour of 4 in the morning the past few days and it has kicked my spoiled mama’s booty. Normally I have to wake her up at 7 each morning, but she’s had a bad cough which worsens at night and peaks in the wee morning hours when most human beings are enjoying some REM time and the only people stirring are cattle farmers and maybe my mother, who is notorious for getting up with the chickens.

You would think that Miss A would be completely exhausted, like me, from getting up so early the past few days but yesterday she was running on empty and the fumes were sending her into a whirling dervish hyper overdrive. The hubby, God love him, took the girls for a hike and pushed them in our bike trailer and took them to the park playground yesterday afternoon while I stayed home and took a glorious nap as I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown from going to bed at midnight Saturday and then getting up at 4:30 with Miss A and giving her Ibuprofen. At times like these I wonder how the heck I survived the newborn weeks and breastfeeding but I think your body is conditioned to go the distance, without any sleep, at that time.

When the hubby and the girls returned we all went to the grocery store. Miss A was in rare form. Twice she decided to lay down on the floor in the middle of the aisle and tell us she was sleeping. While some parents might be grossed out by the idea of their child laying down aisle 9, you have to remember that Miss A is my second child and we also have two dogs so germs are no big deal to me. However, I didn’t enjoy peeling her from the floor and then nearly throwing my back out as she would go completely limp and swing from my grip like a monkey. Miss C was also on hyper overdrive when we got home, but I attribute that mostly to the fact that she was excited about having my mom and brother over for Sunday night dinner.

Then again I’m starting to suspect that the Barbie Island Princess Pop-Tarts I bought Friday in a moment of weakness are laced with speed. I might try licking the picture off of one of them later today if I need a pick me up. And just what kind of fruit is an Islandberry any way?

1. Nicole says:

I don’t know, but I’m currently drinking a generic vitamin water from Costco, and it’s flavor is “dragonfruit”. I’m willing to bet my dragonfruits grow alongside your islandberries. 😉

2. Holly Schwendiman says:

Oh it does make you wonder how you survived the early infant years doesn’t it? All I know is sleep deprevation is it’s own special hell and I don’t deal well with it at all! My father in law always said that energy is wasted on the young. Now I know what he meant.

Hugs,
    Holly

3. Jade says:

your making me laugh!
    Isn’t it funny how our kids always choose to be at their worst in the grocery store!! I hope you get feeling better soon

Jade

4. Amy says:

You are going to think this is nutty, but I just read that if you put vicks vapor rub on the bottom of the feet and cover with socks it will knock that cough at night! I have use “Unkers” cream for this and it really did work!

5. mamatulip says:

We had a Summer Harvest Berry pie over the weekend and there were bits of what seemed like hard plastic in it. What the hell are summer harvest berries anyway?!

6. malia says:

“my mother, who is notorious for getting up with the chickens”

Sounds like Miss A should go spend a few nights with grandma! 😉

7. kailani says:

Islandberry? You’ve got me, and I live on an island! You better do some research on it. Maybe that’s what causing all the troubles! LOL!

8. Erin says:

hmmm.. speed laced pop-tarts… it’s possible…
    you know, I remember waking up early as a kid for Sat. morning cartoons but never that early. Except on Christmas. We probably only gave Santa an hour of sleep.

9. Lisa says:

Seeing as I’m still up & my kids aren’t going to care that Mommy couldn’t sleep last night, I might need to go & buy some of those pop tarts!!!

10. Qtpies7 says:

Let me know if it works because our store carries those Princess poptarts. And even if I have to drive to Walmart for some speed-laced poptarts, I would, because it takes speed to keep on top of my 7 kids!

What is this thing called “sleep” you speak of? I don’t recall that word.

11. Nancy says:

Rosie does that whole “going boneless” thing too. Drives me mad.

I really think Rosie and Miss A are twins separated at birth.