Deep Thoughts at Sonic

Today I decided that I deserved a cherry limeade and some tater tots from Le Sonic and made a pit stop before picking up Miss C from school.

I pulled in behind a Lincoln Navigator driven by a mom. Her license plate holder said, “I’m Not Spoiled. My Husband Just Loves Me.”

Translated I believe that means this woman is a, well, you know. I must confess to stereotyping her.

And then I got home and realized the only car adornment on my Nissan Pathfinder is a black and white oval sticker that says WOOF. I’m sure the day I slap a soccer mom sticker on my hatch is not far off, as we are in season three of soccer for Miss C.

But I digress. Back to my beloved WOOF sticker.

Translated I believe that means, “I’m Not Spoiled. But My Dogs Sure As Hell Are.”

1. Amy says:

Hah! I love this post. What a completely obnoxious sticker! (The spoiled wife thing, not the Woof.)
    A good dog should be spoiled, I think. A good wife should be also, but she should not have to announce it with a bumper sticker.

2. Bluegrass Mama says:

Spoiled wives–ugh! Spoiled dogs, I can handle.

Personally, I drive a 4 year old minivan, and the only stickers on it are from my alma mater, plus one that reads “AAA.”

oh yeah, how much someone buys you translates directly to how much they love you. i keep forgetting that!

4. jen says:

All my husband would get is a bumper sticker that read “Driver carries no cash. He’s married” and slap it on his 1995 Toyota.

5. Belle says:

Well, the only bumper sticker I had is a FairTax one and it isn’t on the back of an SUV!

I love Sonic, but sadly, our local one seems to have trouble with passing their food scores when the health department drops in so I pass them by…but love a Sonic Chili-Cheese Dawg!

Just found your blog and Love it! Will definately be back.

(((hugs)))

6. cmhl says:

so all of the poor ‘ole moms driving the ratty minivan with 200,000 miles are unloved by their spouses? ohhhhhh that lady would annoy me.

lets see— I have on my vehicle a sticker for the school and an teeny little airborne/air assault sticker. I’m so boring.

7. Renee says:

*gag* on the Sonic Navigator bumper sticker.
    And I’m a very frequent Sonic-goer! Yay for not getting out of the car!