We Now Interrupt This Blog With a Bit of Road Rage

Dear Wreckless Driver (Idiot Bitch) :

I don’t know what kind of coffee grounds you snort, but was it really necessary to not only run the stop sign at the end of your cul de sac, but to step on the gas when you saw my SUV with me driving and Miss A as a passenger approaching your intersection on a heavily trafficked road? A road busy with parents taking their children to daycare and school, not to mention morning commuters.

I was incredulous when I saw that you had a child in your truck. I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt. For a split second I thought maybe you were really running late, still no excuse to barrel through a stop sign, or maybe you were rushing a child to the hospital (highly doubtful). You put at least four lives in danger so I felt completely justified in honking my horn at you. And thanks a lot for flipping me off out your driver’s side window as I was pulling into Miss A’s daycare parking lot. You’re a class act lady. Way to teach your kid how to run stop signs and how to audition for white trash mom of the year.

Oh and your little cul de sac subdivision that maybe has twelve homes? It is literally just steps from my husband’s business and parking lot. So I know I will be seeing you around. The hubby has already asked me what type of truck you were driving.

Blonde Mom

1. Sheila / Kiki36 says:

I’m glad that no one got hurt! Whenever I see rude/bad drivers, especially in the drop-off/pick-up line at school, I shudder at the “lessons” they are teaching their children.

The real clincher for me was when she flipped me off right in front of our daycare as I was pulling in the drive.

I said some other things under my breath but since my mother reads my blog I will refrain from saying them.

#$&@$!##

3. Anne Glamore says:

I think the best revenge is to purchase one of those cheesy license plates at Cracker Barrel – one you KNOW she won’t like – and affix it to her front plate.

4. Bridgett says:

Very nice. I am daily reminded of the lack of common decency on the road–folks who would never cut me off in line at the grocery store or interrupt my conversation with a loudspeaker aimed at my face seem to think that once they are in their cars, they are invisible, special people deserving of royal treatment.

You know…I am definitely guilty of the “rolling stop” at many a four-way stop in a sleepy little subdivision however this was a full on pedal to the metal maneuver through a stop sign and on to a busy commuter road like she was on some sort of mission to run me down.

And then the real clincher was flipping me the bird.

I get mad thinking about it. Better stop as it’s Friday.

6. malia says:

I’m so going to need Valium when it’s time for my kids to start driving. The insanely stupid things I see adults doing on the road these days is very scary. I’ve had more near misses in the past year than in my entire driving “lifetime”. I’m worried that one of these days it won’t be a near miss.

7. jag says:

I know that neighborhood – I’ll keep a lookout. I need a new bumper anyway. Perhaps I can position myself correctly so that she’ll hit me and have to buy me one.

8. Carollyn says:

We have a crazy driver in our subdivision who I’ve seen blast through a certaing three-way stop on many occasions. One morning, I was already part way through that intersection when he came flying around the turn. He didn’t hit me thank gooness, but he then proceeded to ride my bumper and then PASSED ME on a curve just to beat me to the subdivision exit (which was probably all of 500 feet ahead of us) and out onto the main road.

This happened a couple of months ago and I still get mad thinking about it.

9. Renee says:

Oh, I am so with you with the road rage. I cannot stand when people do stuff like that, especially with their kids in the car! Hope your husband spots her soon.

10. mamatulip says:

You’re hot when you’re feisty. I like it.

You go, girl. She don’t know what’s comin’ to her, that Idiot Bitch.