Saturday Morning Links

Fisher-Price is recalling nearly 1 million toys, including a lot of popular Elmo and Dora items, due to lead paint. We have quite a few Dora toys, but thankfully none of them are on the recall list. The corporate website has information and photos about the recalled toys.

I love these Superhero necklaces that were featured on Design Mom, which is a cool blog I’ve just discovered.

Consignment sale season is here! I have had a lot of luck shopping at consignment sales, but not so much luck with actual consigning (eBay and Craigslist have been good to me.) Kidsconsignmentguide.com is a great resource for finding local sales.

ShopLocal.com is a new e-mail alert I just subscribed to. They let me know about the top deals in our neighborhood in different categories, from groceries to school supplies.

I used to be a voracious reader but with all the proofing and reading I do for work and the reading of Goodnight Moon 8,000 times over the past year, I’ve really let reading books for pleasure fall by the wayside. Good Reads is a neat site that allows you to create “bookshelves” to organize the books you’ve read (or want to read), review books, and see what your friends are reading. (Hat tip: Sugarfused.) I just checked out a couple of books at the library and so far I’m enjoying The Undomestic Goddess. It’s definitely in the chick lit genre, although the main character is a high-powered Type A London attorney so it’s not so fluffy I can’t get into it.

What are you reading this summer?

This entry was posted in Links.

1. Colleen says:

Once again, great links and a great reason to check out your blog on a Saturday morning!

I’m currently reading, “Twilight,” which is actually young adult fiction but it’s about vampires. Several of the girls in my book club recommended it to me. It’s the first in a series of what they assure me are addictive books. I also just finished, “The Guardian,” by Nicholas Sparks (another book club read) and couldn’t put it down. It was slow to start but once the suspense element kicked in, I had to race to the end to find out what happened. And I’ve read the first two parts of, “Eat, Pray, Love.” I decided to take a break and read some fiction before going back to read the third part (Love) but it’s a great book. I highly recommend it too! I’ll have to check out, “The Undomestic Goddess.” It sounds like something I might like.

Thanks again, Jamie!

2. Charla says:

Thanks for the consignment link!

This summer I am reading the back of the mylicon bottle, as well as the back of the gripe watter bottle. FUN!

3. Bluegrass Mama says:

I’ve read a ton this summer. Several mysteries by M.C. Beaton, Harry Potter 5,6 & 7 (the first two being repeats), and a bunch of others that I can’t remember offhand. Yesterday I picked up books by a couple of my favorite authors whom I’ve let fall by the wayside lately: Anne Rivers Siddons and Anne Tyler.

4. Joe says:

Depends where your talking about. I never let my kids play with toys made is china, over there they will do anything to get as much money for little work. I’ve heard that their own doctors skimp on ingredients for medicines etc resulting in deaths.

5. Jay says:

True that, a company in china made some milk and skipped the whole quality control part and ended up killing many babyies and small children as well as poisoning many adults.

6. Liu says:

I loved what youve completed here. The design is elegant, your content classy. But, youve got an edginess to what youre providing here. Ill definitely come back for more in case you keep this up. Dont lose hope if not too many people see your vision, know youve got a fan right here who values what youve got to say and also the way youve presented yourself. Excellent on you!

7. adidas yeezy says:

I must express my appreciation for your kind-heartedness for men and women who actually need assistance with this important area. Your personal commitment to getting the solution across had become wonderfully significant and have in every case allowed somebody like me to arrive at their endeavors. The useful facts signifies a whole lot a person like me and still more to my colleagues. Regards; from each one of us.